Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Mickleden Straddle

Re: Mickleden Straddle

Has anyone got a e version of the race route that theyd be willing to share? never done this one and fancied it as part of my 3 ps warming up. Or which OS is it? cheers

Egor : OS Explorer - OL1, Dark Peak area.

See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    Has anyone got a e version of the race route that theyd be willing to share? never done this one and fancied it as part of my 3 ps warming up. Or which OS is it? cheers
    Egor
    You should have joined us for the Recce on Saturday.

No route find difficulites in this race From Langsett take new Bridalway, (not shown on most maps) to Bridge west end of Langsett res and follow Cut Gate-Mickledon Edge bridalway to Slippery Stones Turn left for a quick blast round Howden res, before left up Howden clough to Upper Hey and on to Cutgate just before the top, return via you route out.

The Climb back is brilliant and totally runnable and well worth it for this alone. But like Ingleborough in the 3ps it's along way back....

Ian

Or me! Managed to get out yesterday am as I couldn't do the Sat recce with Ian et al. Route is in a sort of "b" shape. The run back over the fells from Howden up to Cut Gate is the best part.

At least with the last 4 miles from Cut Gate you know how far you've got left to go....

didnt see post till today, been away on hols for new year and wanted to see if could get a map of race and reccie before hand.

hopefully get there if can get a map sorted before hand.

Has anyone got a map of the course?
    The grid ref for the start/finish printed on the entry form is not on the OL1 map!

Master and MR

just filled out my entry and its gone

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Has anyone got a map of the course?
    The grid ref for the start/finish printed on the entry form is not on the OL1 map!
    Colin, the start & finish is just the other side of the car park from registration. The grid ref. on the entry form must be a typo.

You don't really need a map of the course - just join the check-points together with suitable footpaths/bridleways and you've got the route.

I might even run this one, now - or maybe go and watch. Looks like I'm struggling for child-care for my daughter on that day.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Colin, the start & finish is just the other side of the car park from registration. The grid ref. on the entry form must be a typo.

You don't really need a map of the course - just join the check-points together with suitable footpaths/bridleways and you've got the route.

I might even run this one, now - or maybe go and watch. Looks like I'm struggling for child-care for my daughter on that day.

geoff amanda may be attending this one , if your entered and she is there she can look after her im sure , i will see if she is def coming and let you know

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post

Thanks Geoff. I've looked at the map and it seems straightforward.
    Going to recce it next Wednesday with Big Ken.
    The advertised climb is less than Windgather but the times seem slower. Any idea why?
    Oh, and most important: Is there a good cafe or pub for lunch after the recce?