Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Mickleden Straddle

Re: Mickleden Straddle

IDP
    Really good to hear your updates. Just heard radio 2 travel report and Woodhead closed.

Anybody any idea what road from Hepworth over Victoria cross roads like.

Could be a good day for the Orocs .

Closed due to incident according to BBC. Still snowing in Roysron Vasey, just let the dog in and she was white but she was black when she went out.
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.

race is on, subject to conditions not deteriorating overnight . according to denby dale travellers web site

Quote Originally Posted by dutch peaks View Post
    Hi IDP, DP here.What's the situation at the mo over at your end? Snowing quite hard here - can't see the road anymore.Is there any risk for the race? Depending on 'passes' and thta sort of stuff, was thinking about EOD...Cheers! Hanno.
    RO has been in contact with team and they're discussing it as we speak(type), I'll post as soon as i hear.

It's looking doubtful as the snow is coming down really heavily at the moment. Nothing is moving on the road near here so it may be no onecan get there, It's late to cancel but if they have to they have to. I'll try and get to the start reguardless and any one fancies a plod we'll try and do some thing.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    RO has been in contact with team and they're discussing it as we speak(type), I'll post as soon as i hear.

It's looking doubtful as the snow is coming down really heavily at the moment. Nothing is moving on the road near here so it may be no onecan get there, It's late to cancel but if they have to they have to. I'll try and get to the start reguardless and any one fancies a plod we'll try and do some thing.
    Just found this on the DDT site

Mickleden Straddle Fell Race

Weather Update - 6pm Saturday 4 February

After inspecting the course this afternoon and consulting Mountain Rescue the intention is to go ahead with the race as planned. This is dependent on conditions not deteriorating further overnight. There is some snow and ice on the course and conditions are likely to be severe. Runners should therefore ensure they are fully equipped for the conditions and wear full body cover.

Having said that, snow is falling quite a bit in Penistone at the moment. At 6pm there was hardly anything down.
    Last edited by soreeneater; 04-02-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    Closed due to incident according to BBC. Still snowing in Roysron Vasey, just let the dog in and she was white but she was black when she went out.
    Plenty of snow still up here the other side of royston vasey at tintwistle Fingers crossed we can get over woodhead tomorrow!

If I can get there I'll run it. However. The night is young and the snow is persisting down!

Probably have a run from home to Langsett and North America Farm and..... Depends on the depth. Did the same last year and it was up to my waist!

race cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by soreeneater View Post
    Probably have a run from home to Langsett and North America Farm and..... Depends on the depth. Did the same last year and it was up to my waist!
    Character building.

If I can't get out of our road I'll have a jaunt up Black Hill in the morning.