Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Mickleden Straddle

Re: Mickleden Straddle

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    I'm hitting the beers then. Except haven't got any - well it's an excuse for a run over to Tesco's.
    Or take the sledge ,and put the ale in that !

Thanks for all the updates - was planning an EOD, coming over from Stockport, so very useful to be able to keep up to date. May head out over Hayfield way now, road conditions depending, seeing as I'd geared myself up for a trot in the snow.

Cheers

Percy

p.s. And hello, seeing as this is my first post! :wink:

just seen this on the dark peak site, shame but understandable

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    LOL, I hope the HPM reccie's planned for tonight have decided the pub was a better option..

As per race time that way we can scoop up any one who hasn't picked this up.

Weather permitting...!
    Can't get out of our road, so having a trot up Black Hill from home. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    Can't get out of our road, so having a trot up Black Hill from home. Have fun.
    Ok I think I'm ok to get out so will head to Langsett
    Lovely morning though.

Worth mentioning, I heard last night a runner jogging down cutgate yesterday slipped and cut his leg to the bone, he got him self off, and was treated in hospital.

Smile Re: Mickleden Straddle

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Ok I think I'm ok to get out so will head to Langsett
    Lovely morning though.

Worth mentioning, I heard last night a runner jogging down cutgate yesterday slipped and cut his leg to the bone, he got him self off, and was treated in hospital.
    That's one thing that I would dread coming across on a run. I could deal with most things, but not the sight of a bone! Went on a run from home towards Langsett. Conditions were ideal. Thoroughly enjoyed the jaunt out. Shame about it being cancelled. Some roads are clear but not that easy getting out of "drives" and "estates". I suppose the Queen has the same problem getting out of hers.

Quote Originally Posted by soreeneater View Post
    That's one thing that I would dread coming across on a run. I could deal with most things, but not the sight of a bone! Went on a run from home towards Langsett. Conditions were ideal. Thoroughly enjoyed the jaunt out. Shame about it being cancelled. Some roads are clear but not that easy getting out of "drives" and "estates". I suppose the Queen has the same problem getting out of hers.
    I went to the start this morning and picked up 3 runners, one from saddleworth, one from wakefirld tri and er I think one unattached.
    We went up the little don to the bridge below Cat clough and walked/waded/swam/crawled through deep snow to get to Howden edge, all signs of anything resembling a trod were gone. a fresh blanket of drifted snow and blue ski with just a hint of a breeze. Hard work up to Outeredge where we surveyed the hills stunning. Went and found the Oxford wreck on the way to Cutgate where we saw our first person. A few runners going up but although it was clear the path went from deep drifts to ice, plenty of deep holes also so in the end a good decision to abandon. Just before bull clough we cut over the ridge and ran down a lovely descent to the Shooting cabin and then round res on a sneaky path, about 9.5 miles in 2 hours, great fun but the worse bit of the run was the short bit on cutgate, so many better places to run when the conditions are like this...go explore

Soreeneater(I'll not out you) The guy was a member of your club and a good friend of mine(until he sent me a text this morning at 4.00am I'll PM you his name.

With regards to the cakes you mentioned earlier they were available at the barn this morning with a free cuppa and they were scrummy

Hi Ian
    I was the Wakefield runner and wanted to say a big thanks - not just for taking point (establishing the thigh-deep trail) for most of the route but for your knowledgeable commentary about local features and history etc.
    I thoroughly enjoyed the run (interspersed with wading etc.) and I'm glad to have missed the cancellation messages otherwise I would not have had the opportunity!
    Many Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Windinhishair View Post
    Hi Ian
    I was the Wakefield runner and wanted to say a big thanks - not just for taking point (establishing the thigh-deep trail) for most of the route but for your knowledgeable commentary about local features and history etc.
    I thoroughly enjoyed the run (interspersed with wading etc.) and I'm glad to have missed the cancellation messages otherwise I would not have had the opportunity!
    Many Thanks
    No worries Windi' (couldn't resist that) it was a lovely run. May be see you again at a Monday race. Don't forget to tell Gingerwhinge he's just a fairweather track fairy

Ian

Can I add my thanks also. It was exhilirating (tiring) to be out there today, informative (didn't expect that when I set off this morning) and some of the views were absolutely spectacular!

Regards
    Logan