Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three Peaks reserve list

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Three Peaks reserve list

I was delighted to receive an invite to the three peaks through the reserve list after being away overnight the day the entries went online- has anyone else got in this way and how are the organisers finding these places. Is anyone aware of someone who has been refused entry through say falsifying their entry form (no names please). However they have done it I am over the moon now I know I am in injury must be just around the corner.

Re: Three Peaks reserve list

Newbie here - my first posting, though I have been lurking for a while.
    I'm one of the lucky ones as well (I don't feel worthy in such an elite field). I just missed out on the two-day window last November, not realising the entries had been opened. I'm eagerly awaiting the official email that will enable me to place my entry, finally. Let's hope for weather as good as it was last year.

I was very pleased to get an invite as well. I think very sensibly the organisers kept a number of places in reserve - primarily for the top runners the likes of Jebb, Holmes and so on. It also stops people getting silly - the thought of e-bay
    auctions of places for a fell race just seems plain wrong to me.

There is also always an initial rush to enter on events like this and inevitably there will be a number of people who enter early then drop out through illness, injury, family distractions, realisation they haven't put the training in etc. It wouldn't surprise me if 100+ runners on the initial start list fail to start. The London Marathon regularly lets 40,000+ people enter knowing only about 32,000 make the line.

Hopefully everyone who really wants to do this event will end up getting a place.

Absolutely Mud Rocs, I did the 3 Peaks last year and I think
    you could still enter right upto the last minute and i'm sure it
    will be the same next year!

I also did last years event. Unforgetable experience.
    I, like so many others, missed the initial entry date for this years race but thankfully got on the reserve list and yippy dee doo daa I've got in. Just waiting for the e-mail "voucher" to proceed with my application, has anyone heard anything about that yet, I'd have thought we'd have heard summat by now.
    Can't wait. I'm doing London Marathon 2 weeks earlier. Hope I've recovered.

Well done everyone on getting in. I'm very jealous - was on the waiting list, but got turned down. Now doing all I can to find someone who can't use their place in the race

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

I got my email voucher today - yippee

Good to hear, so did I.

So did I. I entered there and then last night. I was amazed to see my name appear immediately in alphabetical order on the very long entrants' list. What a slick organisation.

I was a tad suspicious of the foreign country origins of several runners with very British names from UK running clubs. They wouldn't dare, would they? It's a bit obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    So did I. I entered there and then last night. I was amazed to see my name appear immediately in alphabetical order on the very long entrants' list. What a slick organisation.

I was a tad suspicious of the foreign country origins of several runners with very British names from UK running clubs. They wouldn't dare, would they? It's a bit obvious.
    Should ask to see their passports....