Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Inov8 - Too much choice!

Inov8 - Too much choice!

Right, I need a new pair of trail runners and have just been on the inov8 website. Consequently, my head is now full up to the brim with technical jargon that I only really half understood.

I just want to replace my old Rocklites. Which ones do I need? There is too much damn choice. Can't we just have one shoe, and that's it, and everyone has to get on with it.

I've had the 315's and the 305's. Should I go up to the 320's or down to the 295's... Are there really any noticeable differences in these shoes...

Should I just try something new for a change - Mizuno harriers for example?

Chris

Re: Inov8 - Too much choice!

Sorry I can't help there Twister, but I absolutely agree. I have thought about buying some inov8s for a long time but but the time I pull my credit card out of my pocket I have already been floored by the amount of consumer choice on offer and I become a gibbering wreck.

The only shoes I ever wear are fairly new Walshes for fell races, worn out Walshes for training and traily runs, and road racers for stuff I can't wear Walshes for.

I want to buy some shoes for the Three Peaks Race but I hate being parted from my money. If anyone's got advice It'd be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    Wear newish walshes for races, got an old pair for training, like Chris, got some wave harriers at Christmas and use them for on and off road, did the Haworth Hobble at weekend in them. Can't complain at all about them. Had some Nike Air Pegasus for on and off stuff before but prefer the Mizuno's, never had any inov8's so can't comment about them
    Hills and Guinness!

Thumbs up Re: Inov8 - Too much choice!

Right, I need a new pair of trail runners and have just been on the inov8 website. Consequently, my head is now full up to the brim with technical jargon that I only really half understood.

I just want to replace my old Rocklites. Which ones do I need? There is too much damn choice. Can't we just have one shoe, and that's it, and everyone has to get on with it.

I've had the 315's and the 305's. Should I go up to the 320's or down to the 295's... Are there really any noticeable differences in these shoes...

I have just bpought a pair of Mizuno Wave Harriers and used them in last Saturdays Hobble. Did not improve my time, but have to say that they are very comfortable. Did not suffer from blisters on heels or any other kind of problem. Something that cannot be said about my 330's which I absolutely love for the grip they give but am still trying to break in.

Would recommned the Harriers. Good Luck

Any INOV-8 shoe is like a Ferrari.

The best that money can buy. (Just steam treat the shoe heel to provide a perfect fit).

F430 Coupe?

599 Coupe GTB Fiorano 2dr?

612 Scaglietti 5.7 V12 2dr?

It doesn't matter: they are all sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by alias View Post
    Any INOV-8 shoe is like a Ferrari.
    You mean they cost an awful lot per mile?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    You mean they cost an awful lot per mile?
    Stolly rummages about and digs out his well thumbed inov8 photo again.....

These cost about 7.5p per mile

Fellrunners have either seen the light and buy INOV-8 or are neanderthal flagellants who buy Walsh.

Although INOV-8 appear to offer 25 models basically most of the variances are weight (= comfort level).

I think the Mudclaw (330) cannot be surpassed for pure fell and the Roclite (315) is best for trail but the model number depends on how much comfort you need.

But a Ferrari has a slower rate of depreciation.

I have a new pair of Mizuno harriers (worn once) and several other different shoes that I've tried and just don't like!

Stick with what you know and are comfortable with!

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Stolly rummages about and digs out his well thumbed inov8 photo again.....

These cost about 7.5p per mile
    Also have a pair of these Rocklites. Had them for the last year or so and used them a fair bit but never thought they felt the most comfy. Bought a pair of Nike Kyotee trail shoes just before Xmas and they have to be one of the most comfy shoes I have worn pity they don't make fell shoes. Also invested in a pair of Nike TC road shoes and they are they are very snug. Don't think I would buy innov-8's again.