Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Inov8 - Too much choice!

Banned

Re: Inov8 - Too much choice!

Quote Originally Posted by alias View Post

Fellrunners have either seen the light and buy INOV-8 or are neanderthal flagellants who buy Walsh.
    The upper build quality of Inov-8 shoes is poor. 5 pairs and only one reaced 200 mile.

The sole of the Walsh's is poor for me as I over pronate and the studs are all lopsided.

What I want is a Inov-8 270 sole, with Mizuno cushioning, and the Walsh PB extreme ultra upper.

I agree - my inov8's were too wide and slightly too long, my feet moved around too much and my toes hurt on descents. Maybe its the shape of my feet. Walshes seem to suit the shape of my feet perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The only shoes I ever wear are fairly new Walshes for fell races, worn out Walshes for training and traily runs, and road racers for stuff I can't wear Walshes for.

I want to buy some shoes for the Three Peaks Race but I hate being parted from my money. If anyone's got advice It'd be appreciated.
    Try Walshes!

Quote Originally Posted by alias View Post
    Fellrunners have either seen the light and buy INOV-8 or are neanderthal flagellants who buy Walsh.

Although INOV-8 appear to offer 25 models basically most of the variances are weight (= comfort level).

I think the Mudclaw (330) cannot be surpassed for pure fell and the Roclite (315) is best for trail but the model number depends on how much comfort you need.

But a Ferrari has a slower rate of depreciation.
    bang on... I've got a pair of 330's for when its muddy/racing. Have just got a new pair, got 600 Dark Peak km's out of them... key to longevity is washing peat off straight after run... have never had any of the heel rub problems, did 25km straight out of the box. Have got Roclite 315's for trails/tracks etc and when its dry... Quite excited about the new race shoe coming out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    I agree - my inov8's were too wide and slightly too long, my feet moved around too much and my toes hurt on descents.
    Maybe you should buy the right size next time

If you dont wash and care for your shoes they will fall to pieces. I have had 100+ miles out of my mudroc 290s and they are still going very much strong.
    Wear Salomon XA pros and Trail runner sw for trail stuff. More than happy!

Quote Originally Posted by martin hall View Post
    Maybe you should buy the right size next time
    Incredibly I managed to buy the right size (a half size up from my actual size), My actual size was too tight and the guy at the Complete Runner in Ilkley went all techy on me before recommending the half size up. My view on inov8's is that suit people with chubby feet (chubsters then ) whereas slim feet are better with Walshes.

I know too much choice for almost exactly the same shoe. As far as the trail shoe's go they are useless for anyone who overpronates excessively. I'm surprised that with such a large range of shoes they haven't put dual-density eva in the mid-sole of some of them. They can't even compete with the likes of salamon, montrail and vasque. The trail shoes are just not ridgid enough. Ok great for being responsive etc but there normally has to be a compromise for those of us who overpronate.
    I find it strange that they ignore such a large number of runners.
    The fell shoes are good though (apart from 330 - worst shoe never - like running in a pair of football boots with a too low heel cup) 270 and 280 are excellent but don't last long enough.
    Montrail Highlanders for training - inov8's for racing.

I've never pronated over anyone

Sorry but I have no idea what overpronate means.

Pronation is the inward roll of the foot and in particular the heel and arch which occurs naturally at the heel strike as a cushioning mechanism.

Overpronation is when the feet roll inward too much.

Supination, also known as underpronation, is the opposite to pronation where the feet don't roll inward enough

david

Quote Originally Posted by martin hall View Post
    I have had 100+ miles out of my mudroc 290s and they are still going very much strong.
    I should hope so after only 100 miles or did you mean 1000 ?