Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Inov8 - Too much choice!

Fellhound

Re: Inov8 - Too much choice!

Quote Originally Posted by alias View Post
    Fellrunners have either seen the light (shite?) and buy INOV-8 or are neanderthal flagellants who buy Walsh.
    Those of us with non-deformed feet, who don't run like Quasi Modo, and who are not sybaritic SOFTIES, know that Walsh are still unbeatable.

Proper sports cars are lean, lightweight and focussed. Anything that doesn't make it go faster, turn better, or stop quicker is left out.

Ferraris are for those nancy-boy footballers

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Sorry I can't help there Twister, but I absolutely agree. I have thought about buying some inov8s for a long time but but the time I pull my credit card out of my pocket I have already been floored by the amount of consumer choice on offer and I become a gibbering wreck.

The only shoes I ever wear are fairly new Walshes for fell races, worn out Walshes for training and traily runs, and road racers for stuff I can't wear Walshes for.

I want to buy some shoes for the Three Peaks Race but I hate being parted from my money. If anyone's got advice It'd be appreciated.

Chris, I wore a pair of Puma Trailfox for 3 peaks last year, and (unless they deteriorate rapidly when used at speed rather than my 'staggering' pace) I would recommend them for the race. Pete Bland has some for £40.

Alias/Nicolas snap....330 for the fells, racing and training, 315s for trails. never had a problem with either.

done mountain marathons, fell races and x/c races in my 330s and one pair has now lasted me a year. I have had a pair of the 305s too which seem identical to the 315s

Amanada, think it was you re overpronation, I use orthotics in my 315s and they're fine.

Jeff Norman won the Three Peaks in a pair of Tiger cubs! - those were the days!

Quote Originally Posted by Epocian View Post
    Jeff Norman won the Three Peaks in a pair of Tiger cubs! - those were the days!
    And here they are:

I got 600 miles or so from my first pr of Roclite 315s. The uppers wore no worse than other makes, and better than some. Soles are still ok. I use them for trail running. I just bought the 295s but have not run in them yet. They have the Roclite sole and Flyroc sort of upper - not as much structure/support, but a little lighter. Very comfortable. The other Roclites don't fit my feet 285, 305, 320 - something about the shape.
    I don't know all the nuances of differences between all these models, just try some on and if they fit, those are the ones!

Quote Originally Posted by dogrunner View Post
    I got 600 miles or so from my first pr of Roclite 315s. The uppers wore no worse than other makes, and better than some. Soles are still ok. I use them for trail running. I just bought the 295s but have not run in them yet. They have the Roclite sole and Flyroc sort of upper - not as much structure/support, but a little lighter. Very comfortable. The other Roclites don't fit my feet 285, 305, 320 - something about the shape.
    I don't know all the nuances of differences between all these models, just try some on and if they fit, those are the ones!
    My first pair of rocky 315's lasted ages (the silver and blue ones) I thought the 305's fitted about the same though? Shame they only lasted about half the time, but then, I have upped the old mileage in the last year. Anyway back to the point.

Could you let me know how you get on with the 295's as they look alright. At the mo it's a toss up between these, another pair of 315's, or try something new ie - mizuno...

BTW - Walsh fans, I've tried Walsh Extremes and liked them a lot but coming from inov8 to Walsh, I felt that I was wearing practically nothing on my feet! It's quite hard-pack and trail were I train around the malverns so I need something that absorbs the shocks quite well.

my last pair of flyroc 310's are not starting to show signs of wear after all they are 4 years old so that's 4 runs a week in them average about 6 miles.. total erm.. bout 4000 miles at a rough guess..

new ones feel ok, still wearing them in, could take a year or 2

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    my last pair of flyroc 310's are not starting to show signs of wear after all they are 4 years old so that's 4 runs a week in them average about 6 miles.. total erm.. bout 4000 miles at a rough guess..

new ones feel ok, still wearing them in, could take a year or 2
    The Israelites had shoes a bit like that. Deuteronomy 29 5.

http://www.newadvent.org/bible/deu029.htm
    Last edited by Chris; 20-03-2008 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The Israelites had shoes a bit like that. Deuteronomy 29 5.

http://www.newadvent.org/bible/deu029.htm
    Mine are a bit more Joshua 9:5, actually...

http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jos009.htm