Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First race for newcomer?

Re: First race for newcomer?

Quote Originally Posted by RichK View Post
    The Trunce site would usually be http://www.trunce.org.uk/ - it seems to have exceeded its bandwith restriction!

(if anyone from the trunce is reading this and wants a webhost with more bandwith, drop me a line - I've got a full server lying idle at the moment and at a guess there's bags of available bandwidth on that)
    See it time and again, organisers go for cheap or free hosting [like geocities], when their event comes along everything goes tits up - then they wonder why no one enters. Then again, many sites are so bad, that being off line isn't such a bad thing. Why I always use unlimited bandwidth hosts

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Asquith View Post
    See it time and again, organisers go for cheap or free hosting [like geocities], when their event comes along everything goes tits up - then they wonder why no one enters. Then again, many sites are so bad, that being off line isn't such a bad thing. Why I always use unlimited bandwidth hosts

...ah but I don't think the Trunce series suffers from lack of numbers.

SD - is that you? If so, let me know what you choose, and I might come with you.

There is a Wednesday night series of short fell races in Shropshire over the Summer that you could try. (I won't do them myself though, I'm rubbish at short stuff, definitely prefer the longer ones!)
    I think I'll walk this bit....

Quote Originally Posted by RichK View Post
    The Trunce site would usually be http://www.trunce.org.uk/ - it seems to have exceeded its bandwith restriction!

(if anyone from the trunce is reading this and wants a webhost with more bandwith, drop me a line - I've got a full server lying idle at the moment and at a guess there's bags of available bandwidth on that)
    Plumbum is the man to talk to on here, Not alot happens on the site until the series starts which this year is the day after the skyline so we will have no wimping out, 6.45 from Oxspring playing fields. still only £1.20 to enter.

Still Dreaming - whereabouts are you based? Just wondering as there are many clubs in the Yorks/Peak area with fell-running bias and that would be a good bet to get to know folk who can show you more.

Funny enough, it now turns out that I'm going to go and have a go at The Trunce on Monday. We're up in Yorkshire anyway - it'd be rude not to.

How many turn up to this one then? This will be my first short fellrace, glad it's a cat C.

'Tis I Juicer!! Much prefer running off-road to on-road and do a lot of running on trails, public footpaths nowadays. Want to try fell running, but bit limited by lack of fells round here (as you'll appreciate), so may have to stick to trail runs etc. However, have looked at some of the up-coming races in Shropshire, so you never know - could be time to get some Walsh's!

I'm not surprised to hear you say that. I remember how much you enjoyed Snowdonia, although it was road. And that Haughmond Hill thing last year. What's your mileage like at the moment? We've got a few LDWA events planned if you fancy coming to those. They're all around the 25mile mark, but we'll spend all day doing them.

The Shropshire Winter Series is great! And the races are on the weekend, so it'd be easier for you to get across there.