Thread: Best Wishes

Best Wishes

A quick note to everyone who will be running the Edale Skyline race on Sunday. Good luck! Hope you all have a great race. I`ve had to pull out with an Injury so am feeling gutted after all that training. Will enter next year. I live local and will offer my support as you go round. Cheers, Live in Hope.

Re: Best Wishes

where are you watching I'll keep an eye out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by live in hope View Post
    A quick note to everyone who will be running the Edale Skyline race on Sunday. Good luck! Hope you all have a great race. I`ve had to pull out with an Injury so am feeling gutted after all that training. Will enter next year. I live local and will offer my support as you go round. Cheers, Live in Hope.
    I guess you do actually live in Hope.

If you havent let Andy know yet and the entry is going spare mr1470 was after an place. It may be a bit late but you could try.

Don't forget to wave as I pass. it will be easy to spot me. I'll be wearing the Dark Peak Vest...

disco stan

Thanks mate, look out for the rossy vest.
    The bloke wearing it hasn't trained properly for this one due to injury, so i'm going to find it a tad hard.

Any locals care to comment on the ground conditions around Brown Knoll? I'm assuming clarty and slow and not frozen over the way we're all hoping for?

I did a recce last Friday of the whole course which was a cracking training session, including the ooze between Mam Nick and Jacob's Ladder.

Brilliant course - hats off to whoever devised it.

ST

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Toni View Post
    Any locals care to comment on the ground conditions around Brown Knoll? I'm assuming clarty and slow and not frozen over the way we're all hoping for?

I did a recce last Friday of the whole course which was a cracking training session, including the ooze between Mam Nick and Jacob's Ladder.

Brilliant course - hats off to whoever devised it.

ST
    I'd have to say it's a tad moist. A bit heavy going definitely. shouldn't be too bad if you get past it

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I guess you do actually live in Hope.
    We all live in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Toni View Post
    Slightly frozen over Brown Knoll would be very welcome. However that would make it tricky elsewhere, especially around the Northern edges. I just hope it's not too windy!

IanDarkpeak I have contacted Andy by email. Guys I`ll see everyone off at the start and then at the Hope Checkpoint (drinks station)

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Slightly frozen over Brown Knoll would be very welcome. However that would make it tricky elsewhere, especially around the Northern edges. I just hope it's not too windy!
    That was exactly how it was early on Monday morning. The route from Lord's Seat to Jacob's Ladder was reasonably firm - frozen on the surface and soft underneath, but parts of the route from there on were very slippery, and I fell several times on my way round.