Thread: National Registration No

Question National Registration No

I'm doing a road race tonight, and the entry form is asking for a National Registration/National Affiliation Number

I'm an FRA member, but not in any club

all I know about is my FRA membership no. which I assume is not what they want...

am I missing something...?

Re: National Registration No

If it's an UKA event like the Brenda Robinson then if you are not a UKA Club Member, you must pay the unattached rate - then do not enter a club or membership no.

Just a thought - if you run races such as this often, you will keep having to pay £2 extra (for the insurance cover) - you can join some clubs for around £20 - and this will always give you reduced entry to a UKA permit race such as this - as you are automatically insured by your membership.

At a club like mine, you will also get free entry in to 10 league XC races and several championship events, realsy and track and field fixtures.

So even if yo do not want to play an "active" part in a club, it can save money and be quite a good crack as well, turning up at the odd team event.

I believe the FRA is an association - it is not a club.

I think I really am missing something here (probably a brain!)

the FRA is affiliated to UK Athletics and has UKA Liability Insurance

is this not what the extra £2 is for?

or does the FRA's UKA insurance not cover road races? is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by DazTheSlug View Post
    I think I really am missing something here (probably a brain!)

the FRA is affiliated to UK Athletics and has UKA Liability Insurance

is this not what the extra £2 is for?

or does the FRA's UKA insurance not cover road races? is that it?
    UKA / England AA now operates an individual membership scheme, so when you enter road / trail races you're either a member of an affiliated club who have registered you with England Athletics and you get a reduced entry fee, or you pay the unattached levy. FRA don't pay the individual membership fee to EA, so you still need to pay the unattached levy. You could belong to a club and not pay the EA membership fee, which would be fine if you just did fell races, but you'd have to pay the unattached levy in other races.

Or it could be an ARC permited race who I doubt recognise FRA as an affiliated club anyway.

I am a member of an affiliated club, but when the UKA card came I 'filed' it somewhere, thinking I would never need it. I now have a race entry form that requires my number. Wish I knew what I did with it!

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    UKA / England AA now operates an individual membership scheme, so when you enter road / trail races you're either a member of an affiliated club who have registered you with England Athletics and you get a reduced entry fee, or you pay the unattached levy. FRA don't pay the individual membership fee to EA, so you still need to pay the unattached levy. You could belong to a club and not pay the EA membership fee, which would be fine if you just did fell races, but you'd have to pay the unattached levy in other races.

Or it could be an ARC permited race who I doubt recognise FRA as an affiliated club anyway.
    dominion - Thanks for that - it's becoming a little clearer

the key phrase appears to be:
    "FRA don't pay the individual membership fee to EA", which would explain why I don't have a National Registration No.

I won't strain my poor brain further by trying to understand why there is this separation, or exactly what each of the 2 aspects in isolation entitles you to - the RO is entitled to ask for anything he/she wants

I'm just going to put down "Unattached"

I might join a club for stealth purposes - although I'm not planning on doing many road races, I do quite fancy having a go at XC next season, and that seems to be a completely closed shop to non-club runners...

Quote Originally Posted by gej View Post
    I am a member of an affiliated club, but when the UKA card came I 'filed' it somewhere, thinking I would never need it. I now have a race entry form that requires my number. Wish I knew what I did with it!

gej - but can you find your "EA card"?