Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mournes Race

Re: Mournes Race

Some photos of the race - appologies for not getting everyone.... went snappy happy and ran out of memory... will have a bigger card for the next race...

http://picasaweb.google.com/sarzkleeman/MournePeaks2008

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Some photos of the race - appologies for not getting everyone.... went snappy happy and ran out of memory... will have a bigger card for the next race...

http://picasaweb.google.com/sarzkleeman/MournePeaks2008
    Fantastic scenery, great pics, skippy
    Hills and Guinness!

Wow what a race-long, hard and varied.
    I started slowly, thinking that the best tactic would be to pace myself. I started with a pint of the old Guinness first. It takes them ages to pour it over there; I don’t know what they piss about for letting it stand and all that caper. But I suppose it’s a good thing when you’re pacing yourself. Anyway I struggled with it to be honest, just couldn’t get into my stride. After another couple of pints though it started flowing better and I was feeling stronger. An hour and a half into it and I was feeling pretty good but thought I better force down some food-but what to have. I didn’t fancy a gel; I’d used enough on my hair for one day. Keep it simple I thought and go for the roast dinner upstairs. It was a winner, really hit the spot and carried me through the rest of the evening no bother. Although afterwards I was a bit full for the next stage of the race so I changed to lager, not Stella though god it was only 7 o’ clock or something. I never switched to Stella until the band came on around ten and to be quite honest I was thinking of packing in, I didn’t think I had it in me to continue. But then miracle of miracles someone gave me a Red Bull and Vodka, wow those little babies work. Thanks who-ever you were, I owe you one. One minute you’re dead on your feet the next you’ve got a spring in your stride again. I was bouncing-quite literally. A few more pints of Stella just to keep myself topped up and then suddenly the end was in site. The lights came on in the big blurry room and it was all over. We tucked in to a post race meal of greasy burger and chips from the dubious looking catering establishment in the car park and then it was off for a well-earned stagger.
    Really enjoyed it and would like to sincerely thank all the organisers for an awesome event.
    Oh by the way the pre-race run was cracking as well!

Cheers

Ah haaa!
    (very fitting race report DonKey, I guess it was a bit tame...)
    Did wonder where all the gels had gone!!!?
    (there were none to be had.... and some "creature" had nicked mine )
    Last edited by Luv Shack; 07-04-2008 at 11:07 PM. Reason: PS Great pics' Skippy... Thanks Sarz..
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..

Quote Originally Posted by Don Keycock View Post
    Wow what a race-long, hard and varied.
    I started slowly, thinking that the best tactic would be to pace myself. I started with a pint of the old Guinness first. It takes them ages to pour it over there; I don’t know what they piss about for letting it stand and all that caper. But I suppose it’s a good thing when you’re pacing yourself. Anyway I struggled with it to be honest, just couldn’t get into my stride. After another couple of pints though it started flowing better and I was feeling stronger. An hour and a half into it and I was feeling pretty good but thought I better force down some food-but what to have. I didn’t fancy a gel; I’d used enough on my hair for one day. Keep it simple I thought and go for the roast dinner upstairs. It was a winner, really hit the spot and carried me through the rest of the evening no bother. Although afterwards I was a bit full for the next stage of the race so I changed to lager, not Stella though god it was only 7 o’ clock or something. I never switched to Stella until the band came on around ten and to be quite honest I was thinking of packing in, I didn’t think I had it in me to continue. But then miracle of miracles someone gave me a Red Bull and Vodka, wow those little babies work. Thanks who-ever you were, I owe you one. One minute you’re dead on your feet the next you’ve got a spring in your stride again. I was bouncing-quite literally. A few more pints of Stella just to keep myself topped up and then suddenly the end was in site. The lights came on in the big blurry room and it was all over. We tucked in to a post race meal of greasy burger and chips from the dubious looking catering establishment in the car park and then it was off for a well-earned stagger.
    Really enjoyed it and would like to sincerely thank all the organisers for an awesome event.
    Oh by the way the pre-race run was cracking as well!

Cheers
    well done don - you ran a really good race - i think i saw you at the finish and i could have sworn you were smiling.

If you wanna tip from me - think about upping your mid week training sessions - have you thought about joining a club -eg the working man's club near me you can get guiness for £1.99 a pint, with bingo on a tuesday and pop quiz on a wednesday thats two quality sessions i manage to get under my belt without really trying too hard. Good luck and see you at the next race maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Keycock View Post
    We tucked in to a post race meal of greasy burger and chips from the dubious looking catering establishment in the car park
    i ended up in a kebab shop with gary devine behind the counter serving people,keep an eye out for the pictures

Yet another Gary Devine takeway anecdote. I heard a story about him winning a bet with a Fort William Chip Shop owner that he'd win the Ben which of course he did - so it was Fish Suppers all round for him and his mates.

Obviously agrees with him as he seems to be running well - cue Alf Tupper references!?
    Last edited by Oscar; 09-04-2008 at 09:57 PM.