Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Iron

Re: Iron

Thought I was going to signed off this week, but no!! Think my haemoglobin is OK (14 - sounds high to me) but it's my Ferratin (?) that's low. So on with the iron tablets.

Quote Originally Posted by socks View Post
    Thought I was going to signed off this week, but no!! Think my haemoglobin is OK (14 - sounds high to me) but it's my Ferratin (?) that's low. So on with the iron tablets.
    There's a lot of ferratin going on socks but there are still some who don't know who you are!

Wah hey!!!!! Finally been signed off as normal (well in iron levels anyway). Only taken 10 months...

Congratulations Socks!

(I continue to take iron tablets every other day, I dare not stop now as I fear i would not be able to run a step if i did.....!)

Quote Originally Posted by Daleside View Post
    Congratulations Socks!

(I continue to take iron tablets every other day, I dare not stop now as I fear i would not be able to run a step if i did.....!)
    what mg are you taking Daley?

I have all the above symptoms got to be worth a shot?

yes and if you have picked up your mileage with borrowdale in mind your body will be working overtime to keep itself going )

by the way I have splits for you (re borrowdale I've been meaning to pm you, I'll dig em out and send em to you - I may not put them on the thread - they'll be our secret ok!)

the tablets are 14mg and are called one a day iron - take one a day for a few weeks first and then see how you feel, i went to one every two days when i got hyperactive and kept waking at night!
    Last edited by Daleside; 28-06-2007 at 06:32 PM.

ps start immediatly as it takes a month before you see an effect - otherwise you'll be puffing up bessy boot! which I'm sure eveyone will be anyway - but you know what i mean!

Brill thanks hun, will nip to Boots tomorrow afternoon (if I don't nod off - tired permenantly!) been fancying steak and chocolate - weird.

Yes those split times would be good too

thanks

My lass has seen a dramatic improvement in her running since the doctor diagnosed her with an iron deficiency and put her on iron tablets. When I say dramatic, here's an example: We both did a fell race three months ago that took me 42 minutes and her 1 hour and 9 minutes. Two weeks ago we both did a slightly shorter race: 36 minutes for me, 51 minutes for my lass - which represents a huge improvement.

Got my iron today - already had 1 dose!

I got the liquid form on the reccommendation of the healthfood shop owner - she said it will be absorbed quicker/better (I don't know - her sales patter worked anyway)

I've to take 2 x 10ml doses a day which equates to 15mg in total

Daley was taking 14mg tablets so I'll take the full 20ml 15mg for 6 weeks (until Borrowdale!!) if I drop to 10ml after this then I'm still taking a daily dose of 7.5mg - does this seem ok

Hope it works