Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Woldsman 50m 18th Apr 2009

Re: The Woldsman 50m 26th Apr

What an improvement on the old route,a much better area of the Wolds to go through. Had a problem or two in the last 10 miles but managed to finish in 8.11 . Have already recieved the finishers list from Neal -that was quick!

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine View Post
    Chris - good to meet you. How did you get on?

I couldn't believe how beautiful the route was- the Wolds are just gorgeous. The only other one I've in that area was just not the same at all. So really pleasantly surprised. And the food and organisation really good. But as for me and my body. Well - I need a new word for cronky!!! Blisters and muscles seizing up all other the place. Finally scuffled into the finish in 14 and half hours (that's VFM!). Physically and mentally found it much harder than Rotherham.
    Very nice to meet you as well - at last! That's a realy good time walking.
    What an adventure - and yes, an interesting and varried route - thanks for the route detail Wold Ranger. Some one measured it on GPS at almost 52miles (with half mile nav error). The weather could'nt have been better - warm but with a refreshing breeze. I'm glad i did the 10am start vs. 12 noon, just got back as it got dark in 10hr52. Three of us came in at the same time - thanks very much Steve (the knee) and john, as they pull me along the last 8miles. How do you do it Duracell? (and Marmite) a little over 8hrs - awsome! Thanks to the organiser for opening cp's early, that was a nice suprise - like to do it next year because of that (did i really say that?)

Did anyone come accross (forgot his name) the 73 year old (yes 73!!) running with the red wooly hat? (also met him on the Calderdale HIke) - the organisers were'nt happy about him missing a cp, but i realy hope he got official recognition for completing the event - what an achievment!

Quote Originally Posted by duracell View Post
    What an improvement on the old route,a much better area of the Wolds to go through. Had a problem or two in the last 10 miles but managed to finish in 8.11 . Have already recieved the finishers list from Neal -that was quick!
    I 'ran' this on Sat, was an excellent day out. I set off at 12 and after hitting thixendale at just a tick over 5 hours to see a group of runners just set off, I dropped pace dramatically after that, seems I am really am a complete novice at this over 25 mile stuff! Still I completed and my ITBand issue didn't have the final say like it did last Sunday when rescue at 18 miles was needed ...

Excellent day out, and congratulations on your time of 8.11, amazing. I heard someone was going for 8 hours and I laughed heartily, I have since eaten that laughter!

This was my first 50 and I'm the guy who ran with Jon & Chris Brown. What a great day! We sneaked round in 10 hours 52 minutes and got back just before dark, which was just as well because I'd forgotten my head torch and carrots had been sadly lacking in my diet since we put the clocks forward. Nice to meet you all, hope the blisters are healing, see you all soon.

Steve

Re: The Woldsman 50m 18th Apr

I'm booked in for this and wondered if anyone doing it i might look out for? Mass start at 8am i understand this year

Does anyone know how to change the date on the starter entry to the 18th April
    Last edited by chris brown; 01-04-2009 at 06:43 PM.

I've entered it but haven't had anything back yet. Didn't realise it was a mass start at 8am. Is that for all runners?

Hi Socks, i email'd the organsier to ask about cp opening times inview of walkers/runners off at same time, but no response - pos try again?

Hi Chris

I have also emailed the organisers to find the start time for runners/if it is separate from mass start etc but no answer yet. I ran with you for a good while last year, I ran with Steve.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Hi Chris

I have also emailed the organisers to find the start time for runners/if it is separate from mass start etc but no answer yet. I ran with you for a good while last year, I ran with Steve.

Jon
    As I understand it it's a mass 8am start.

I shouldn't really be there and should be definately resting up. But it's so local it would be rude not to be... I'll be putting in a nice and easy far from PB (hopefully!), though I expect this to be faster than last years effort

see you there.

At the moment its looking very good weather; dry, sun pm, light winds and i would say dry underfoot. I've also phoned, emailed the organiser but no response - i hope no problems wiht cp opening times. Good thing is, should't have problem getting back before dark