Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gl3d

Gl3d

Anyone had the next email yet?

Anyway not done one before, how much food is provided? Is it a lot of bread, ad lib so to speak, or should we budget on their being little food available, unsure how much to take..

Do people run with small rucsacs or get away with a bumbag stuffed with gels, 7 hrs + is a long time though, reckon I'll want more than just gels.

Any other tips, advice?

Re: Gl3d

No advice I'm afraid - what is it? Sounds hard! (well long anyway if it's 7 hours for you...)

Great lakeland 3 Day event, some sort of Mountain Marathon type thing I think. 100 miles over 3 days in the lakes. Not done it before so not too sure myself. each day is something like 7-14 hrs long.

Iain, have you seen the details on Joe's website? Not sure if any of this helps;

http://www.joefaulkner.com/gl3d.html

Have a great time. I know folks who have done it in the past and they all seem to want to go back year after year.
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog

Wow! Looked at the website. Looks mad! Think I'll have to do this one year....

Hi Iain,
    The last couple of years the food provided is a pint of milk and a couple of bread rolls per night, so just something to supplement your own food really.
    Also some fine homemade cakes made an appearance last year.

Most people carry small rucsacs, I certainly do as I'm always at the back of the field so it's a long day and it's good to have plenty of food etc.
    It's hard, but a good atmosphere, and you can make what you want from the event, for me the challenge is just to finish in one piece.
    See you in a couple of weeks.

Cheers, yeah read 'small amount of bread' on the website but wasn't sure. Cheers for that, we should get that email soon so that may clarify a few things. Just bought a new BMC map, and the ortlieb bag so about ready now.

Joe sent out a 'Final Details' e-mail on the 3rd April, have you not received this? If not I'd give him or call or send me a message and I'll forward it on. The final payment is due by the 21st April.

I paid the amount a few weeks back (was it £40?), so hopefully that should be there now.

Anyway I just pm'd you with my email address, could you forward it on.

thanks for this,

Cheers

Iain

gl3d out of my league i reckon

nice article by shane ohly here, if you haven't already come across it... http://www.planetfear.com/article_detail.asp?a_id=474

gels not good for 3 days
    take pies also.