Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 3 Peaks numbers

Re: 3 Peaks numbers

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    Sorry for my late entrance. Not sure if I'd be regarded as a Forumite because I lurk occasionally and post rarely, but I'm the lone Stockport Harrier, no. 672. I hope to meet up with some of you Forumites. I'll be another one starting between 4:30 - 4:45 marks. (If I can match last year's 4:45 I'll be well pleased.)

Nick.
    WWill you be wearing your Stockport vest? and will you be bring any of your ladie members
    The race does not always go to the swift, but to the ones who keep running

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    Sorry for my late entrance. Not sure if I'd be regarded as a Forumite because I lurk occasionally and post rarely, but I'm the lone Stockport Harrier, no. 672. I hope to meet up with some of you Forumites. I'll be another one starting between 4:30 - 4:45 marks. (If I can match last year's 4:45 I'll be well pleased.)

Nick.
    Nick - you should have kept us in the dark as to your number. We could have then tried to identify you from the legs in your avatar!

I've spoken to Paul, one of the organisers this morning regarding which type of identification we need to take tomorrow. He said a bank card would be sufficient. It's mainly for people who don't know their race numbers but spot checks would be made.

Regards

Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Stagger View Post
    I've spoken to Paul, one of the organisers this morning regarding which type of identification we need to take tomorrow. He said a bank card would be sufficient. It's mainly for people who don't know their race numbers but spot checks would be made.

Regards

Linda
    That's great I was just e mailing the organiser in a panic as I've not long been married and my bank card is the only form of ID I have changed into my new name! No excuses for not running now! I'm a nervous wreck. So worried about the cut off times. I know I can only do my best, but feel very intimidated at other peoples fast times!

Hi MG, stop worrying, you'll do fine..... and all others............

Good luck, have fun & enjoy, & don't forget to keep a bit in reserve for that last hill!!

Wish I was able to do it. stuck at work, stock taking

Hi RR,
    Sorry, no ladies (laddies?) with me; I'll be the only 'member' there.

Hi Mountain Goatess,
    Don't worry, just chill, what will be will be. I was nervous like you last year the first time I ran it. I was scared I'd miss the cut-offs. In the event I was surprised to beat both of them by around 15 mins. Just take it as it comes and don't go off too fast up Pen-y-Ghent. Walk the ups, run the downs and jog the rest. That way you'll have something left for the last dowhill. Also keep the water trickling in, and the food. I'll be taking a malt loaf to chew on, along with my SIS gels. I have found over the years that low blood sugar level has been my biggest cause of slowing down eventually.

Oh, and don't be intimidated by all those fast times either. I used to be but I'm just impressed now rather than intimidated. I long since realised that they are in a whole different, unattainable league to me. You do your own thing and ignore them.

Cheers NB! Sorry you have to work!
    Thanks for the good advice Britnick. Makes me feel LOTS better when you say...'walk the ups' cos I haven't mastered running the whole way...yet! Have a great run. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goatess View Post
    Makes me feel LOTS better when you say...'walk the ups' cos I haven't mastered running the whole way...yet!
    No time like the, ermm, tomorrow!

Talking about walking the ups, I was doing just that last year up the stony track before the climb of PyG, saving myself for later and getting overtaken by hoards of puffing and panting RUNNERS, when I heard a spectator to my left say: "Ooh, I don't think they should be allowed to walk." She must have been so unimpressed by my athletic prowess. She was sedentary at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goatess View Post
    So worried about the cut off times. I know I can only do my best, but feel very intimidated at other peoples fast times!
    You'll be fine - trust me.