Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Peaks Predictions

3 Peaks Predictions

Had a look through the entries and it looks like a cracking race, including some notable internationals - so any predictions on who might win?

Women's race looks like a cracker - Lizzie Hawker, Mary Wilkinson, Anna Pichrtova or the mighty Mudge?
    Men's race - Rob Jebb, Andy Peace, Lloyd Taggart, Simon Booth, Billy Burns or one of the Americans/Australians etc?
    Will the records be under threat (2:46 and 3:16 ) ?

Re: 3 Peaks Predictions

I wouldn't like to guess who will win the men's race, spoke to Lloyd at the British Champ's in Ireland and he said he was very tired after winning the Edale Skyline. Women's race I will put my money on the great Mudge, she was flying in Ireland.

It will be a tall order for the records to fall, just hope the weather isn't like last year!

Feet in the Cowclaps

In the women's race, last year's Jungfrau marathon winner Anita Haakenstad Evertsen from Norway should be up near the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Feet in the Cowclaps View Post
    In the women's race, last year's Jungfrau marathon winner Anita Haakenstad Evertsen from Norway should be up near the front.
    Blimey! The last time I saw her competing was in a 4 mile road race in the States!

Jebb's been beaten a couple of times this year, but I think I'd still put my money on him.

If the conditions stay boggy like some of the recent recces have reported then I can't see either record going. Although I'd put the mens record more likely to be under threat than the womens.

does anyone know if there is any cameras there to show the race at a later date a la Snowden or Ben Nevis? Would make great coverage, maybe Countryfile or someone will be there?

A friend has pointed out there is a guy called Tim Short running who won Beachy Head last year by 10 mins in 2:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Rocs View Post
    A friend has pointed out there is a guy called Tim Short running who won Beachy Head last year by 10 mins in 2:47.
    Yes but... The womens record holder for the 3 peaks has run 2:49 for Beachy Head?

Jon Tvedt is the current Norwegian uphill running champion so he might be up there challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    Yes but... The womens record holder for the 3 peaks has run 2:49 for Beachy Head?
    Fair point! I imagine the winner will be very familiar - but the international aspect gives it a bit more intrigue.

Met jebby last night on top of Penyghent, i think he will def be up there. also hope Mary Wilkinson wins again.weather is going to have a big say right through out the field.

COME ON SUNNNSHHINNNEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!