Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Marathon Recovery

Post Marathon Recovery

I did London three weeks ago, after i had One complete week off and then started light training again, around 20 miles a week, but still three weeks on i feel every run is hard and still feel very tired, any thoughts ?, anyone else had this problem if so how long does it take before gettin out of your system

Master

Re: Post Marathon Recovery

Quote Originally Posted by FREDDIE View Post
    I did London three weeks ago, after i had One complete week off and then started light training again, around 20 miles a week, but still three weeks on i feel every run is hard and still feel very tired, any thoughts ?, anyone else had this problem if so how long does it take before gettin out of your system
    It takes the immune system a long time to recover Freddie.Just run very easily until you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by christopher leigh View Post
    It takes the immune system a long time to recover Freddie.Just run very easily until you feel better.
    Cheers Chris, this is the third time i have done this but this time it seems a long road to recovery

Its probably because all your training and focus was building up just to that one event and its now left you a bit flat. Well maybe.

Super Moderator

Two years ago I did Edinburgh marathon and I felt shattered as much mentally as physically afterwards for at least a month afterwards. I think Stolly has a good point about feeling flat after a big focus event. Chill out for a bit Freddie, enjoy your cricket and run when you feel like it for a while. Do some new or different events and 'treat yourself' to some fave old routes.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by FREDDIE View Post

this is all normal mate
    you should of treated yourself to a massage or two as well.
    do you do any cycling ?????????

If it's any consolation Freddie, have run 4 race events in the past 3 weeks or so, including PPP. Not much for some I know, but after Saturday's race I've been cream-crackered a lot more than usual.

The prep for the PPP was a bit full on - takes up so many mental resources as well so you end up preoccupied with getting long runs in etc - so I think my body's catching up and telling me to ease off a bit....

Mind you, will be out on the fells tomorrow night for a long 'un so will see how it goes then.

Quote Originally Posted by jodg View Post
    Mind you, will be out on the fells tomorrow night for a long 'un so will see how it goes then.
    Where are you going Jan, I might join you, I was thinking of doing the Tigger race but I can't see spending that much for such a short race when the Trunce is just over a pound

Me and a three other "P B M" (!) have agreed to meet up near Wessenden Way(where you were t'other weekend). Plan is to get there for 7:45pm. Let me know if you fancy it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Two years ago I did Edinburgh marathon and I felt shattered as much mentally as physically afterwards for at least a month afterwards. I think Stolly has a good point about feeling flat after a big focus event. Chill out for a bit Freddie, enjoy your cricket and run when you feel like it for a while. Do some new or different events and 'treat yourself' to some fave old routes.
    good points DT !