Thread: It's Back and better CYB ORD

It's Back and better CYB ORD

Coed Y Brenin Off Road Duathlon
    It's back and entries open (on line to follow) For those who know it, the bike route has now been changed to a 2 laps of 10km taking in more singletrack and a nice tarmac downhill chicane thrown in on each lap!
    For those who don't know it.
    5k trail run - 20k Mountain Bike - 5k trail run on Sunday 26th October 2008
    Majority off road course, tough run route, enough eyeballs out downhill (official closed cicuit) and lung busting climbs. The route utlises 'Rocky Horror Show' and 'Dual descender' to name 2 sections used.
    Full details on www.vlaevents.co.uk
    Oh, and all profit to Wales Air Ambulance and Mawddach Rotary Club
    www.vlaevents.co.uk Fancy something different?

Re: It's Back and better CYB O

Great
    Looking forward to this,i'm sure there is a gap in the market for these events.
    Great news

We worked out a better bike route as
    1. Doing three laps was a bit of a drag, though good for the marshals/spectators
    2. Doing three laps kept the numbers to under 100 due to path width restriction, which doesn't happen now. The only restricted bits are the downhill singletrack/fun bits!!
    3. The laps come right back to transition so spectators can watch from the safety of the food van with a coffee!!
    4. You feel that you have cycled more, though in theory you have climbed more.
    I like the new bike route as there is more variety and silly grin factor, and keeps you off that main descent with the maniac residents who have a death wish.The run is the same though, so keeping with the singletrack run

41 entries so far. Quite funny the emails I get though.
    Either, they are mountain bikers who worry about the run sections being too fell type terrain, or road/fell runners worried that the mountain bike section is going to be too technical
    Then there are the triathletes who ask where's the swim?

Over 100 solo entries now and several teams entered The question is, will it reach the limit?? (150)

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Over 100 solo entries now and several teams entered The question is, will it reach the limit?? (150)
    Nearly there now with it over 120 entered. So if you were planning on just entering on the day, there may be no places left at this rate.

And it is full. 138 solo entries and 12 teams. Just need a weather improvement now!

A good event,not going to mention my nightmare but enjoyed what i did complete.The run was easier than i thought,amazed at how poor some of the leaders struggled on the singletrack.Very well organised with plenty of marshalls.The bike route was a good mix of fire break road climbs and some semi technical descending.Good atmosphere and good weather despite the puddles !
    Thanks Vince on a good event,there should be so many more of these races in the calender throughout the year mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders rambler View Post
    A good event,not going to mention my nightmare but enjoyed what i did complete.The run was easier than i thought,amazed at how poor some of the leaders struggled on the singletrack.Very well organised with plenty of marshalls.The bike route was a good mix of fire break road climbs and some semi technical descending.Good atmosphere and good weather despite the puddles !
    Thanks Vince on a good event,there should be so many more of these races in the calender throughout the year mind.
    Thanks for the feeback. I knew the fell runners would find the run easier than the non-fell runners
    Just still sorting out the aftermath of tidying up my front room of race stuff, especially as mr car is now not behaving itself and in the garage so it is stuck there (the race stuff) until it is fixed (have to be extra nice to the family)
    As for more of them, none planned until late next year now, but it looks like there will be a 'Winter Sprinter' Mountain bikes versus cyclocross in February at Philips Park, Prestwich, Manchester!
    Last edited by Vince; 28-10-2008 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Forgot something to add