Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Three Peaks Litter

Re: Three Peaks Litter

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds Rhino View Post
    Thank you Stolly Let us not detract from what was a great day and occasion by overeaction to a few empty bottles left by the flags which were all collected in with no fuss.

I did the Mourne Peaks race a few week earlier and there was a big problem there with litter. Gel wrappers,bottles all over the place ( oh and all my rubbish was kept in my bumbag,before someone has a dig at me !)
    The Mourne Peaks race was a championship race as was the 3 Peaks.
    .... It makes you think!
    Yiannis

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goatess View Post
    I could have done with that to use as a bridge across that stream to keep my hooves dry!
    I now have visions that you're like a female Pan-type creature....I'm pretty sure I didn't see one of those last Saturday though!

Might disguise the size of my ass though!
    Foxtrot-uniform-charlie-kilo, me Hooves, beard, big ass!!! You need an extreme makeover asap
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    Foxtrot-uniform-charlie-kilo, me Hooves, beard, big ass!!! You need an extreme makeover asap
    Like I said...
    I'm gonna change my name to CAKE.

Just found out that I can't change my name.
    Bugger...will have to continue to put up with the beard and hoof remarks from that Nee Bother lad

Leave only footprints.
    Take only photographs

1. I spoke to a PPP marshall this week and he had no problem at all with people leaving stuff with him.

2. I left an empty bottle that I had picked up at Hill Inn with a marshall with her approval. I feel no guilt. I carried all my gel wrappers back in my bumbag.

3. A clubmate has told me he picked up five (5) FULL gels during the race. At £1 each they must have been dropped by accident when people rummaged in their bum bags. I have never knowingly dropped litter but on the 2008 Winter Hill race I dropped two FULL gels without knowing and spent several minutes in disbelief tipping my bumbag upside down looking for them when I needed them. (Probably cost me a V60 prize!).

4. Several members of the PPP Committee are members of this Forum and it is noticeable (to me anyway) that they have not rushed to comment on this topic. In my time on the PPP Committee it was normal to have a "race debrief" meeting some time after the race and I am sure the issue of litter will be discussed then. It might be that those who have rushed to publicise their opinions, sometimes in a self-righteous way, would better await this Committee's conclusions.

One unusual aspect of the PPP in general is that drinks etc are carried to Ribblehead and Hill Inn on behalf of runners and it may be that the PPP Committe will need to review this.

Of course a unique aspect of the PPP in 2008 was that every inch of the route was walked by sweepers (and I have spoken to one of those as well) and flag gatherers and I am not rushing to the conclusion that the rubbish left at the 2008 PPP will apply to other fellraces in future, including the PPP.

Finally, perhaps we can just blame the foreign runners!

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamB View Post
    1. I spoke to a PPP marshall this week and he had no problem at all with people leaving stuff with him.

2. I left an empty bottle that I had picked up at Hill Inn with a marshall with her approval. I feel no guilt. I carried all my gel wrappers back in my bumbag.

3. A clubmate has told me he picked up five (5) FULL gels during the race. At £1 each they must have been dropped by accident when people rummaged in their bum bags. I have never knowingly dropped litter but on the 2008 Winter Hill race I dropped two FULL gels without knowing and spent several minutes in disbelief tipping my bumbag upside down looking for them when I needed them. (Probably cost me a V60 prize!).

4. Several members of the PPP Committee are members of this Forum and it is noticeable (to me anyway) that they have not rushed to comment on this topic. In my time on the PPP Committee it was normal to have a "race debrief" meeting some time after the race and I am sure the issue of litter will be discussed then. It might be that those who have rushed to publicise their opinions, sometimes in a self-righteous way, would better await this Committee's conclusions.

One unusual aspect of the PPP in general is that drinks etc are carried to Ribblehead and Hill Inn on behalf of runners and it may be that the PPP Committe will need to review this.

Of course a unique aspect of the PPP in 2008 was that every inch of the route was walked by sweepers (and I have spoken to one of those as well) and flag gatherers and I am not rushing to the conclusion that the rubbish left at the 2008 PPP will apply to other fellraces in future, including the PPP.

Common sense rules at last........ unfortunately we've already lynched all the culprits

Just found out that I can't change my name.
    Bugger...will have to continue to put up with the beard and hoof remarks from that Nee Bother lad
    You could ask Brett to do it for you , how about going continental and calling your self Chamois.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamB View Post

As a foreigner I say we should blame the Swedes!!

On a serious note, I had 5 friends walking the route from Whernside to Horton via Ingleborough and they did not notice much litter.

They were actually quite greatful that someone did some littering as the full bag of JB found on route gave them some extra energy.