Thread: Pacing yourself

Pacing yourself

Can everyone tell me how they pace themselfs over particular distances...such as how long does it take you per mile.
    Ta

Re: Pacing yourself

Quote Originally Posted by fowler765 View Post
    Can everyone tell me how they pace themselfs over particular distances...such as how long does it take you per mile.
    Ta
    Depends on terrain.....if it's a flat road race then you can IMHO more easily sustain a mm pace than when suddenly faced with a big hill to climb but it depends for me on the time out etc e.g knowing Borrowdale is going to be 4 hours on my feet I wouldn't go off and expect the same mm pace for the pendle half tour?? but then I'm crap anyway so maybe a speedy whippet has a better description or method??

Use a HR monitor and try and sustain 90% of max unless it's a long 'un and then aim for 85%. The pace will be relative to the terrain but the workrate will be the same regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Use a HR monitor and try and sustain 90% of max unless it's a long 'un and then aim for 85%. The pace will be relative to the terrain but the workrate will be the same regardless.
    If it's a long distance event I know what I can achieve and use my fore runner to maintain an even pace. But Addy is correct with his HR monitor but I find it rubs on the longer distance stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    If it's a long distance event I know what I can achieve and use my fore runner to maintain an even pace. But Addy is correct with his HR monitor but I find it rubs on the longer distance stuff.
    A heaaaart wate what??? hmmm!! perhaps I should take this running thing more seriously!!

if i am breathing out of anymore than two holes then i tend to slow down

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeter View Post
    if i am breathing out of anymore than two holes then i tend to slow down
    Wisdom indeed

The Answer To Your Question 'Fowler765' Is GARMIN FORERUNNER 305 or 405

I aint got the money to splash out on a watch with that price...though if I did have the dosh I wouldnt think twice on getting one.