Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Mount Famine

Banned
    The first time I did the race, I stood on the track at the start and asked a Pennine runner which way we started. He pointed up the bank. Someone shouted go, I was at the side of Si Bailey, I was within 10m of him at the top. Then he had gone. No one ran the bank to the top.

Here are a few snaps from today's race.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/980116...h/34775225115/

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by William Clough View Post
    Can I post your excellent photo of my desperate grimace on Facebook (with acknowledgement, of course)?

The results are also out very quickly. I notice that in my age category (55), the first female was well ahead of the first male. Ali Keates needs weights attached to her legs, it's not fair on the rest of us when someone as light as her is doing fell races.

No probs Anthony. Hope you enjoyed the race.

Quote Originally Posted by William Clough View Post
    Ace Photo's Mark - very kind of you to include my Shack wriggly tin roof in almost every pic' + the Knott and Cabin :-)

Brilliant turn out today 179 took part and all were safely back, some of us in the very welcome rain, followed by hail-storms this eve... Suns out again now and Dragons Back & South Head looking more than nice as I try and type this ;-)

Must also say a very big thank-you to RO Mark and the KFR/PFR Team of Marshalls - all went really really well, plus thanks SteveT for sorting and posting the Results so quickly.

Don't forget 3 Days of Madness continues tomorrow at 11am - Lantern Pike Dash www.t42.org.uk/hayfield .....Oh' Eckkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!

See you there
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..

there was a fella taking photos at the stile on top of Mount Famine - anyone know who/if they're online? I'd like to see If I looked 'good' as I leapt it, but I probably just look like a sack of shite, as per...
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

https://www.flickr.com/photos/155131...57683953464476 it was Pete Nicholson and a great batch of photos they are too :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    there was a fella taking photos at the stile on top of Mount Famine - anyone know who/if they're online? I'd like to see If I looked 'good' as I leapt it, but I probably just look like a sack of shite, as per...
    There was also a guy called Tony Ryan, I think, taking photos. I don't know if he posts them anywhere though. He was probably the one on Mt Famine and then he walked down to the bottom of Dimpus and back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    Just seen your jumping styles comment, there is obviously another set of pictures out there somewhere

I was talking to the race organiser, Mark Boulton, last night and he's a bit short of helpers this year. He could do with hill marshals and someone on the finish funnel. If you can help out a week on Saturday (19th May), please contact Mark. Either 07928 236582 or [email protected]

More details about the race, as usual, on Steve Temple's Hayfield races website.