Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PBR record matched

PBR record matched

Eryri's Chris Near did the Paddy Buckley on Sunday/Monday in 18:10:25, matching the previous record held by Mark Hartell.

http://www.eryriharriers.org.uk/

Re: PBR record matched

A brilliant run by Chris, well done!! it is great that the record has finally been matched.
    Unfortunatley I was not able to support him but it sounded like he had some good local support. He set off from Capil on a clockwise round at 4am and had great weather apart from a couple of hours of heavy rain.

I had the GL3D so couldn't help either, but by the sounds of it he had great support from local runners. I thought he'd struggle to find enough as not many people could keep at that schedule, even for one leg. Cracking run.

I don't know why but I had it in my head that the record was 18:12, did Mark keep a tally of his seconds, or just Hrs and mins?

Well done Chris.
    Gavin Thomas of Kendal had a successful attempt on Fri/Sat in what I would call perfect weather.
    How about an attempt on Adrian Belton's record including the 3000s? Rob Woodall came close to bettering it a few years ago but some of his support team could not keep up with him in very hot weather. I still feel guilty about it!
    Yiannis

Quote Originally Posted by ydt View Post
    Well done Chris.
    Gavin Thomas of Kendal had a successful attempt on Fri/Sat in what I would call perfect weather.
    How about an attempt on Adrian Belton's record including the 3000s? Rob Woodall came close to bettering it a few years ago but some of his support team could not keep up with him in very hot weather. I still feel guilty about it!
    Yiannis
    I'm running the first leg of Nicky's Ramsey Attempt next week with Rob Woodall and Running Man. I hope I can keep up

I noticed that IDP but noted you are missing the Ben out so I will expect you to carry some support stuff for me.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I'm running the first leg of Nicky's Ramsey Attempt next week with Rob Woodall and Running Man. I hope I can keep up
    Ian,
    If you find yourself falling behind, hand your sack to Rob, he is superfit at the moment.
    The previous w/e I did road support for him in Leventon's Line (57 miles Llangollen to Barmouth over lots of hills). Running the end bit with him I could hardly keep up and that was after 15 hours of running!
    Yiannis

PS: I am doing the Old Co Tops otherwise I would have been supporting Nicky myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ydt View Post
    Ian,
    If you find yourself falling behind, hand your sack to Rob, he is superfit at the moment.
    The previous w/e I did road support for him in Leventon's Line (57 miles Llangollen to Barmouth over lots of hills). Running the end bit with him I could hardly keep up and that was after 15 hours of running!
    Yiannis

PS: I am doing the Old Co Tops otherwise I would have been supporting Nicky myself.
    when's nicky's attempt? I will be in glen nevis this weekend coming (10 May).

see you at old county tops yiannis. Is Rob training for something bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Full Moon Addict View Post
    when's nicky's attempt? I will be in glen nevis this weekend coming (10 May).

see you at old county tops yiannis. Is Rob training for something bigger?
    Nicky is scheduling her Ramsay for the 17th (same as OC Tops). If the weather is foul she will go on the 31st.
    Rob is doing a Ramsay in June, date tba.
    Yiannis

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    I don't know why but I had it in my head that the record was 18:12, did Mark keep a tally of his seconds, or just Hrs and mins?
    I've got a copy of Mark H's timings, and his time was 18:10 - same as Chris did. No report on the seconds, though!
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"