Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Meirionnydd Round.

Re: Meirionnydd Round.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    I didn't know he finished it.. I knew he tried and got lost.. thanks..
    I seem to recall Colin wrote it up in Fellrunner mag? Or at least there was a mention of it - my memory is going back a bit though. Otherwise just Yiannis inside the 24hr.
    Not a round for the feint hearted - or those that cannot run through tussocks and bogs!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Senior Member Happy on the hills's Avatar

So. It's been a while now since any activity here!! So i thought i'd get the ball rolling......... for my attempt for the last weekend of May!! Yes, i'm planning to have a bash at it. I've supported a couple of attempts by the mighty RobW, which has got me hooked. I had a good day recceing parts of the Arenigs to Arans last Sunday?? Which to be honest, has got be to the roughest and toughest terrain around. Still not quite sure of the route here, but will obviously get up there again for some better options(I doubt if there are!!) in the near future. I'm not the best at organising things, but already have the mighty "Team Wynn" as support, but if you're free that weekend and want to support me in my attempt, then i'll be most welcome!

Now i must go and track that RobW down for some more route details!!!! "Rob, are you there?" Your route cards were fab, but i still need to ask a few more questions???

Always happy on the hills! Well, most the time anyway!!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy on the hills View Post
    ......................... but i still need to ask a few more questions???

Always happy on the hills! Well, most the time anyway!!
    I may be able to answer some questions, would you like to pm me? Yiannis

Quote Originally Posted by ydt View Post
    ......... would you like to pm me? Yiannis
    Hi Yannis. Nice to hear from you. Hope you're both keeping well. Are you back in this country now then? I'd love to pm you...if i knew what 'pm' meant!!!!I guess it's not just getting in touch at night!! Haha! I was going to email you(and a few others) anyway with some questions, and to let them know my plans of attempting your amazing round. Don't have time right know, but will do it in the next few days. Nice to hear from you, and sorry to have missed you at Wynn and Steve's reunion bash!!

Always happy on the hills, however big or small!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy on the hills View Post
    Hi Yannis. Nice to hear from you. Hope you're both keeping well. Are you back in this country now then? I'd love to pm you...if i knew what 'pm' meant!!!!I guess it's not just getting in touch at night!! Haha! I was going to email you(and a few others) anyway with some questions, and to let them know my plans of attempting your amazing round. Don't have time right know, but will do it in the next few days. Nice to hear from you, and sorry to have missed you at Wynn and Steve's reunion bash!!

Always happy on the hills, however big or small!
    pm: just click my username above and follow instructions to send me a 'private message'.
    Best to send me an email: [email protected]
    I was not at Steve/Wynn's do. Yiannis

Carwyn, nice to read that you are on for the Meiri, Wynnie has got me roped in for support duties. I will give you a feed at the top of the Roman Steps ( maybe Moley will be up for that too, as on RobW's ) and maybe I'll tag along for a spot of bag carrying on one of the later legs .... if you've slowed down a bit!! Looking forward to paying another visit to a very special part of "The Land of My Fathers"
    Are you still on for a BG towards the end of April?

IIRC Colin 'phoned Yiannis for some route details, to which Yiannis offered to e-mail him the full Meirionydd Encyclopedia; Colin's retort, "No thanks, I'm setting off in 20 minutes!" ( or words to that effect ).

Yiannis, Carwyn was at "TheSurvivors' Do" .... hence his reference to missing you!

Ian.
    Last edited by wheezing donkey; 16-03-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Cheers Mr Roberts.

BG on for the 14th of April, which i need to speak to Wynn about to see if i need to ask for other supporters?

Yes, will email you Yiannis for some more hints!!! Trouble is.....it's supper time??

Always happy on't 'ills!!!

Are you reading your emails or am I in your spam filter

Thats April and May taking care of what are you doing in June?
    Bill

Caz, good to talk, my shed is up now :thumbup:. Keep putting the miles in and watch out for those frogs :w00t:.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Bill- No, email came through and have just read it. Thanks for that. Yes. Not sure what to do in June yet?? Sleep maybe?

Moley- Yes good to speak to you the other day. Will give you a ring soon to pop up anyway. Glad you've got your shed sorted. Planning on growing your courgettes this year??

The frogs that Moley mentions are currently in their thousands on the wilderness between Moel Llyfnallt and Dduallt!!!! Crazy frogs!!

I'm planning on a couple of days up there, during the week of the the 26-30th of March, if anyones up for a run out!! I've got to take Annual leave before the end of the month, which is a real shame!!!! Not!! If no ones able to come out then i might just do a bit of wild camping on route!!

Well happy that "The boys" did Wales proud yesterday too:thumbup: I felt absolutely knackered yesterday from all the shouting!!

Mr p, with hat on you see!