Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inter-Counties

Inter-Counties

Does nobody bother with this event? Its tomorrow at Belmont. I am team manager for the Greater manchester team and just wondered if this is the Belmont Inn that the race starts from. http://www.eastlancscamra.org.uk/fil...area=Blackburn
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

david

Re: Inter-Counties

The pub is the Belmont Bull which is on the main road through the village - on the left if approaching uphill from Bolton or on the right if approaching downhill from Blackburn. I believe parking is available this year at the sailing club which is at the top of the village (Blackburn end) by the reservoir just a couple of minutes walk from the pub.

FellMonster

I'm sure I speak for more than myself when I say that some of us wouldnt mind a run out but quite frankly (other than Dave Woodhead at Yorkshire) there's no apparent point of contact for knowing who picks teams or what the criteria for selection is......sometimes it seems more of a case of a bunch mates seemingly running for their county in the fells......

and I don't mean to sound bitter or anything about this, because I'm really not......just like Andy says.....no-one seems to bother about it or know about it and then magically results appear.

[.....no-one seems to bother about it or know about it and then magically results appear.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts too.... I got an email last week asking if I was interested and if so get in touch with some-one!!! If i had known a few months back I would have done it.

Is it not advertised anywhere ie. FRA calendar or Fellrunner Mag??

There is a great build up to other events (quite rightly) like the Relays & championship races, and i think this inter - counties race may have the same interest ??

FellMonster

Didnt know there was e-mail's going around.

I got one from an Northumberland FR lad who knew about it but wasn't any thing to do with organising. Think he was just letting a few in the N E know about it.
    Bit of a shame really as it sounds like a good event.

Fellmonster - what do you class as your county? lancs, manc or NI? because the current manc. team manager has just posted and i know that one of the lancs team managers goes on here, she even messaged me on here the other day! if you're lancs, i'll be sure to put your name forward if we ever struggle to get guys out like last year.
    The lancs team is pretty good this year. i heard the manc team is strong this year, good job andi, and there is always cumbria/yorkshire/derbyshire to make it a good battle for the team medals. i think the event is a grower, i said in another thread its really like a single day national champs, though most out and out fell guys dont see it that way. if you look at the guys in the inter-counties in the last few years you see quality guys like andi, john brown and alister brownlee running who can't prioritise the british or english champ races.

Fell Monster - in addition to County qualification - you may also have to be an UKA club member.

Does anybody know?

Have a good run today guys anyway - I'm just off to the track and field champs at Blackpool.

1st Rob Hope

1st team, by my counting anyway, Greater Manchester. (6th, 7th and 8th) Well done lads. I told you I didn't need to run.

Thats three to GM nw in the last three years.

I think someone should look at the IC and how it can be made bigger and more appealling. Someone suggested running it withi a champs race. Would this work, or would fields just be too big and would there then be those silly people who sign up for it because its going to be a big race?
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

Winner -

First men's team Greater Manchester
    First women's team Yorkshire
    Last edited by OnceWasRunner; 10-05-2008 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Can't see picture
    "I’m only smiling because I don’t know what’s going on."