Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airplane flumes

Master and MR

Re: Airplane flumes

its all to do with the way the earth tilts as well

Deek, i think people will start to look up to folks who do not go to the maldives etc. Personally, i reckon we live in one of the best places in the world, so why go away?
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Deek - I agree needs a cultural shift. Flying has got too easy. Its not a case of not flying but being more sensible in as and when we fly. The environment is close to a fellrunners heart - we should therefore be prepared to care for it. A good example of global action has been the control of ozone depleting gases that caused the polar ozone holes. And besides Wheeze is right - the UK is fab!

Right back to my dung balls...........

Yes, I agree with the last two posts. Lots of small changes are helpful , but I can't help feeling somebody high up with influence needs to do something radical to set an example and get the ball rolling. Some personal sacrifice is needed. Tony's holidays abroad are very unfortunate. Wasted opportunity. The scale of the problem is shown to me by how fellrunners who are usually very much at one with the outdoors are also so much into car culture and jetting around. Just look at the cars that turn up to fell races and how far people travel at a push to do a race. The months and years roll on and we continue in our ways. Perhaps THIS years British championship should be changed to regional events as an example of the seriousness of our actions. Nobody should travel over a set distance. Car sharing. Times compared as a percentage of record etc. A run off between the regional winners somewhere central. Anything exept head in sand carrying on as normal. Hey, we could make the news and set an example for others to follow. Anyway.....enough of my dreaming. But it does show me how difficult it is for govts to take the lead if a bunch of hill runners are travelling many miles for a bit of a run regardless.

What's an airplane?

Rhys

this last saturday i saw 11 planes in the sky at the same time that amout of traffic has to be doing somthing
    table for 2 have you got a reservation ? have i got a reservation!!!

.......and we've still got derugulation of the Atlantic routes to look forward to.

Orville and Wilbur have a lot to answer for . And to think they started out by making bicycles...