Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayday Bank Holiday 2012

Mayday Bank Holiday 2012

Am I being a bit daft but I was convinced they'd be a few folks tipping their hats into the ring for this weekend. Is there some unwritten piece of Bob Lore which suggests this is not an optimal weekend? I'm suspect its more likely to be radio silence being kept on such matters and folks waiting for the weather gods to throw their dice.

If anyone is interested in reccing I'm staying just outside keswick from Friday morning until tuesday. Am planning on trying to get Leg 2-3.5 and 3.5-4 in, possibly a night slog round leg 1.

Obviously if anyone is attempting this weekend, I'd be more than happy to be a casual observer/water carrier.
    'Normal' people are the ones you don't know very well.

Re: Mayday Bank Holiday 2012

I'm trying to plan a trip for Monday and if it fits with you would be looking to do leg 3.5 and 4. From Borrowdale up to Great end, crags and Scafells, then Wasdale and the whole of leg 4. If you have other plans I'm flexible and to be fair just want a long day on the route.

Me and a mate are doing leg 2 and leg3 to Esk Hause on Monday. We're meeting in Keswick at 8.30am at my house. Anyone welcome but pace will be steady ( ie 3:50 leg 1 ).

I've Tuesday free and looking to have another long day - possibly back end of 3 and then 4. Anyone free.

Quote Originally Posted by keswicksimon View Post
    Me and a mate are doing leg 2 and leg3 to Esk Hause on Monday. We're meeting in Keswick at 8.30am at my house. Anyone welcome but pace will be steady ( ie 3:50 leg 1 ).

I've Tuesday free and looking to have another long day - possibly back end of 3 and then 4. Anyone free.
    Simon, will contact you about Tuesday. I like the idea of back of 3 and 4.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Askern - I like the idea of 3.5-4 on monday, suits me to have a big long day. Heading home at some point on tuesday.

Probably heading up leg 2.5 (Hellv) to 3 (Thunder-ish) on Friday lunchtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Askern View Post
    I'm trying to plan a trip for Monday and if it fits with you would be looking to do leg 3.5 and 4. From Borrowdale up to Great end, crags and Scafells, then Wasdale and the whole of leg 4. If you have other plans I'm flexible and to be fair just want a long day on the route.
    'Normal' people are the ones you don't know very well.

Myself and Marcmc are planning on a long day this Saturday - Legs 3 and 4 with an early start (so that we get back to the car before it turns into a pumpkin!). Give us a yell if interested.

One caveat to this is that I have been trying to shake off a problematic foot injury over the past couple of weeks. I'll make a definite call on this tomorrow but still planning to go ahead.

Should be fun.
    @spooney33

I'm over there this weekend doing a bit of mooching about.

Not sure where or when but say hello if you see me.

Auld skinny bloke wearing a dodgy hat :thumbup:

... that hat is the stuff of legend... be careful not to lose it Ken!
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

Quote Originally Posted by Spooney View Post
    Myself and Marcmc are planning on a long day this Saturday - Legs 3 and 4 with an early start (so that we get back to the car before it turns into a pumpkin!). Give us a yell if interested.

One caveat to this is that I have been trying to shake off a problematic foot injury over the past couple of weeks. I'll make a definite call on this tomorrow but still planning to go ahead.

Should be fun.
    Yes can't wait for Saturday's recce of leg 3 & 4, hope that your foot is ok Spooney and the weather is decent for us as well. As Spooney says if interested give us a yell.:thumbup:

I'm keeping an eye on the weather and if the current forcast pans out will not be making the trip. I'll keep posting though and fingers crossed this outlook improves.
    Mon 7 May

A much cloudier day with persistent rain and hill snow arriving in the morning. Strong to gale southeasterly winds, summit blizzards possible.