Thread: Excellent Physio

Excellent Physio

Just a quick message to recommend Tim Deykin at the SportMed Physio Practice in Stockport.... have seen him a couple of times now for what I though was ITB/Runners Knee but actually has turned out to be completely different and more related to back/nerve issues. His initial assessment was so thorough and his credentials having worked with the GB elite cycling and canoeing squads are great. He's given me a series of exercises to work on and am feeling better having only been doing them a week..... I guess what I'm trying to say, apart from recommending him, is that self diagnosis/internet diagnosis can be a dangerous thing and its easy to end up barking up the wrong tree. Go and see a professional rather than trying self-fixing.

www.sport-med.co.uk
    0161 4747469

Re: Excellent Physio

Quote Originally Posted by nikalas View Post
    Just a quick message to recommend Tim Deykin at the SportMed Physio Practice in Stockport.... have seen him a couple of times now for what I though was ITB/Runners Knee but actually has turned out to be completely different and more related to back/nerve issues. His initial assessment was so thorough and his credentials having worked with the GB elite cycling and canoeing squads are great. He's given me a series of exercises to work on and am feeling better having only been doing them a week..... I guess what I'm trying to say, apart from recommending him, is that self diagnosis/internet diagnosis can be a dangerous thing and its easy to end up barking up the wrong tree. Go and see a professional rather than trying self-fixing.

www.sport-med.co.uk
    0161 4747469
    I'm pleased you're happy with your physio Nik but not all professionals are automatically right in their diagnoses. I crocked my knee at Windgather FR last October. I thought I had torn a cartilage. I saw my GP who was sure I had osteo-arthritis... I wasn't too happy so I saw a physio - she said I had a pelvic misalignment which would probably clear with the right exercises. It didn't. I went back to my GP who referred me to a consultant orthopaedic surgeon while still saying it was probably osteo-arthritis. The consultant said it sounded like a torn cartilage - this was confimed with an MRI scan and I'm off for an arthroscopy in a few weeks time. Professionals, eh?

Cheers, Steve
    Last edited by SteveT; 13-06-2008 at 03:42 PM.
    Hayfield Fell Races - https://www.t42.org.uk/hayfield/