Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You are all MAD!

Re: You are all MAD!

Well done FG, did you enjoy the race without having a lobotomy :

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Actually I don't feel in too bad shape today.....I guess I wasn't trying hard enough!

It goes without saying that I am looking forward to the next one. Thanks for the encouragement, I am in awe of what you guys do and I am still trying to figure out how some of you can run 9 miles vertically in a time that I can't match on the flat. Until the next one then....

Quote Originally Posted by falling_gracefully View Post

Actually I don't feel in too bad shape today.....I guess I wasn't trying hard enough!

It goes without saying that I am looking forward to the next one. Thanks for the encouragement, I am in awe of what you guys do and I am still trying to figure out how some of you can run 9 miles vertically in a time that I can't match on the flat. Until the next one then....
    Be not afraid of moving slowly, only of standing still, old chinese proverb, as is, man who pees in wind, gets his own back. Now you are MAD too, you've come to the right place
    All the best FG, i'm in awe of you, my first race was a poncy 3.5 mile affair in July. You could see the finish from the start, even Stevie Wonder couldn't get lost on that
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by falling_gracefully View Post

Hey, it was 10 miles...... not only did it say so on my race map but I also measured it with my piece of string .

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

What you need FG is a nice warm down race - come over to Keighley on Wednesday and do a gentle 3ish miler at Kildwick, its in the book and the online diary - only be about 30 mins in the car, just go through Colne and follow the Skipton signs . There will be a few there and there is a lot less climbing and some good descents.

See you there (mind you I might be marshalling, I am buggered after Fairfield)

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    What you need FG is a nice warm down race - come over to Keighley on Wednesday and do a gentle 3ish miler at Kildwick, its in the book and the online diary - only be about 30 mins in the car, just go through Colne and follow the Skipton signs . There will be a few there and there is a lot less climbing and some good descents.

See you there (mind you I might be marshalling, I am buggered after Fairfield)
    forgot to mention its from a pub The White Lion - so you can even have a pint afterwards.

Good shout AntiSocial, sounds like the kind of race I should have been starting on.

forgot to mention its from a pub The White Lion - so you can even have a pint afterwards.
    Now that's the kind of attention to detail that got me into this trouble to start with. What other great sporting events allow you to finish in the carpark of a pub?

most hashes do and they have a beer stop in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    most hashes do and they have a beer stop in the middle.
    A mate of mine is a hasher and his mob have been known to set up a bar on the route of one of the local road races. I'm going to have to find out which one that is!
    If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    A mate of mine is a hasher and his mob have been known to set up a bar on the route of one of the local road races.
    Hash House Harriers are even madder than fell runners.
    Welcome to the home page for the world's most eccentric running club, the Hash House Harriers. Now with 1864 hash groups registered in the world directory located in almost every major city in the world and 178 countries, it is easier than ever for you to find fun, trail, and friendship where you live. The Hash House Harriers is a more social version of Hare and Hounds, where you join the pack of hounds (runners) to chase down the trail set by the hare or hares (other runners), then gather together for a bit of social activity known as the On In or Down Down with refreshment, humor, song and sometimes a feast.
    I have organised and ran hashes around the world from virgin jungles to urban jungles.

On-On
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker