Page 333 of 457 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383433 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 4564

Thread: Today's Wildlife Encounter

Quote Originally Posted by luverlyjuberly View Post
    Were the three little ones together? Or did they arrive on their own?
    I think they're together. I think they're under ones of the sheds - at least they seem to come from that direction when we see them out and about. They're keeping us interested.

Quote Originally Posted by William Clough View Post
    Humming bird hawk moths here in Rodez, North of Toulouse.
    And one here today. Flitting round the buddleia with impressive accuracy and speed.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    And one here today. Flitting round the buddleia with impressive accuracy and speed.
    Excellent! I didn't know these moths even existed until a couple of weeks ago. As you say their speed and accuracy is remarkable.

A Linnet which I thought was a Redpoll of some discription until I looked it up. Didn't realise Linnets had the red on the forehead! Nice wee thing!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

We were in Mid Wales last week and was surprised to see a large flock of Fieldfares below Cadair in between Cregennan lakes and Kings Youth Hostel. Seemed very early to me, but they were enjoying the Rowan berries. Not seen any at home in Yorkshire yet. Someone said to me that there are resident British Fieldfares, I thought they all migrated here for winter. Anyone know about this?

Saw Herons aplenty in the Betwys-Y-Coed/Llanberis area over the past weekend.

Not being a nature expert, I'm not sure whether this is especially common or not... I suspect it is not a special occurrence...!

Water levels really high in the rivers and streams. The river in Betws was particularly spectacular on Friday, and seeing all the white water plunging off the cliffs of Lliwedd and surrounding areas, down towards the lakes at the bottom, was an awesome sight...

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Water levels really high in the rivers and streams. The river in Betws was particularly spectacular on Friday, and seeing all the white water plunging off the cliffs of Lliwedd and surrounding areas, down towards the lakes at the bottom, was an awesome sight...
    Even while cycling through the lowlands between Bangor and Llanberis on Friday, I concluded that the distinctive sound of Gwynedd was rushing water. And some of the little lanes just outside Bangor had standing water.

Super Moderator
    Quiet time of year. Most of our our summer visitors have gone, or are preparing to go. Today's sighting: jay, off to stash his nuts no doubt
    Poacher turned game-keeper

I haad hedgehogs living in my shed for two years running. I left them tinned meat on a little plate. After about two nights as soon as i put the plate down the hoglets were out of the shed and feeding while i sat there. They let me stroke their little noses as they scoffed. The mother would leave them as night descended. She completely ignored the plate of food.

Marsh Harrier..I was sailing in the fens of Norfolk over the weekend and was told to watch out for them, you can spot the gliding about 10m above the reed beds...

Half way down the river up pops the Harrier about 5 m from us and flew level with us for 3-4 minutes, beautiful