Thread: Where I walked recently

Where I walked recently

Good walk up the Nantlle ridge today in windy conditions - ridge - the ridge is west of Snowdon and is started from Rhyd Ddu and has few walkers on it but compares favorably to crib coch
    http://www.walkingbritain.co.uk/walk...s/walk_b/3509/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tryfan; 26-05-2008 at 12:02 AM.
    Je ne regrette rien

Re: Where I walked recently

Got back four days ago from doing the Great Outdoor Challenge, a coast to coast walk across Scotland starting from Lochailort in the west and finishing at Tangleha in the east. Crossed some really wild country by Loch Beoraid, Cona Glen, Loch Eilde Mor, Loch Treig, Loch Ossian, Loch Ericht, Loch Cuaich, Glen Feshie, Braemar, Loch Muick, Glen Tanar, Mount Keen, down River North Esk to St Cyrus and Tangleha.
    Apart from Braemar and Dalwhinnie where we picked up food parcels we hardly met a soul other than the occasional fellow 'Challenger', a few runners on the West Highland Way or shepherds tending their sheep.
    Cona Glen, where we camped, was beautiful but teeming with with all things slithery. An adder was wading into a pond full of tadpoles, intent on breakfast I suppose. I pulled it out by its tail and when I let go it immediately adopted the classic coil with head raised ready to strike. A little further down we met a slow worm. I don't know why they call them 'slow' worms. It was off like the clappers. Mind you, it didn't have 35lbs on its back! Then there was a grass snake which also moved too fast for me to get a picture of it. A pond by our tent was full of newts, the first I've seen for quite a while, and there were lots of frogs too.
    What's all this got to do with running, you might ask? Well, it's the reason why this 76 year old body of mine is too knackered to do any!
    Cheers!