Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast

Thread: Kinder Trog

Trog recce

Had a fab gentle trot round yesterday; parked in the public car park and made it back in 3hrs58, with nav, dog, stops for snacks and photos I was happy with that. Looking at last year's finishers, I still woudn't have been last(not quite) even at recce pace which is encouraging(my moving time was 3:37)
    Amazing day to be out; shorts and short sleeves, brisk easterly breeze but blue sky sunshine all the way: https://goo.gl/photos/GWnthAfqMAvPfUYB6
    All the way round with dry feet too; not at all typical.
    Found the drop off Edale Cross, thanks, the trod is pretty clear at the moment - but it's a steep pull back up to the track to the Bridleway isn't it! Could have made a couple of smarter choices with route around Swine's Back and the hill after Peep O'Day but that's what recce is for.
    Now just need to work out how to get back to Start without risking life+limb with the traffic on the bridge
    Best Wishes

David
    Cheshire Hash House Harriers http://www.cheshirehash.co.uk/cheshire/

Hello David

When you come off the fells down the road, crossing the road to/from New Mills, I think you go straight on. The road you are on then comes almost adjacent to the main road in Hayfield, with the bridge. Stay on your left-hand road and as it curves away there is an alley-way, follow this over a footbridge, and this leads you out onto the back end of the finishing field near the scout hut.

I hope that makes sense, memory is a little hazy as it was nearly two years ago, but you certainly don't need to go on the main road in Hayfield centre.

Brilliant thanks, I saw the other end of the footpath near the scout hut and did wonder if there was a footbridge

Hi Folks,

There is a map available on the Hayfield Fell Races website, thanks to SteveT ww.facebook.com/search/top/?q=hayfield%20may%20queen

I've also produced a map, using 1:25,000 scale, which I've got in PDF format, not sure how to insert such a document on the Thread.

But, I could email it to others - my contact details are on the Hayfield Fell Race website - Kinder Trial Organiser.

Plus - Please don't forget it's nearly time for 3 Days of Madness in Hayfield - as above info' on the website....

Not forgetting Hayfield May Queen Celebrations next weekend - more here www.evensi.uk/hayfield-may-queen-2017-90th-anniversary-carnival-hayfield/181371048 & here too www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=hayfield%20may%20queen

Enjoy!!!!!
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..

Andy, I think this is the link you meant for the Hayfield Races page - http://www.t42.org.uk/hayfield/

Doc Morris - if you have a look at the finish, in reverse, on race day then you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Luv Shack View Post
    Hi Folks,

There is a map available on the Hayfield Fell Races website, thanks to SteveT ww.facebook.com/search/top/?q=hayfield%20may%20queen

I've also produced a map, using 1:25,000 scale, which I've got in PDF format, not sure how to insert such a document on the Thread.

But, I could email it to others - my contact details are on the Hayfield Fell Race website - Kinder Trial Organiser.

Plus - Please don't forget it's nearly time for 3 Days of Madness in Hayfield - as above info' on the website....

Not forgetting Hayfield May Queen Celebrations next weekend - more here www.evensi.uk/hayfield-may-queen-2017-90th-anniversary-carnival-hayfield/181371048 & here too www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=hayfield%20may%20queen

Enjoy!!!!!

Cheers Geoff - too much Cut & Paste + overload of Multi-tasking :-)

Yes - all the info you really need is here http://www.t42.org.uk/hayfield/

Thanks to SteveT ;-)
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..

Great day out today, many thanks to RO, marshalls, Scouts and Mountain Rescue. Came home in 3:20 after a slow start; our trio decided to split up after Lantern Pike but unfortunately our slower member subsequently missed CPs and cut short, getting in before the two of us.
    Despite a thorough recce, had a significant 'navigational moment' when a bunch of us nearly ended up at Kinderlow Cavern instead of Edale Cross. In fairness, visibility couldn't have been much more than 50m at the time
    Still, mistakes corrected are part of the fun.
    Great event, good organisation, great catering. Well done Hayfield - and all for a fiver!

my 8th time on this one, so no nav probs for me!
    people all over the shop after Kinder Low though
    even though I've had better times in the past, this ended up being my best position result on a long race for 6 years!
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Hi,
    I find very odd that there is no record of any check points' grid ref on the race's website.
    Please help.
    TIA
    Simo

There's a map here: https://theimpliedreader.files.wordp...13/06/trog.png

Although that's from a few years ago. I suspect Tim will be able to let you know if you email him.