Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Results

Results

Is there any way of encouraging race organisers to have the courtesy of publishing results soon after events? April is sparse and May is almost empty. In the orienteering world, results are invariably published within a couple of days and sometimes the same evening.

Re: Results

Quote Originally Posted by elkmalc View Post
    Is there any way of encouraging race organisers to have the courtesy of publishing results soon after events? April is sparse and May is almost empty. In the orienteering world, results are invariably published within a couple of days and sometimes the same evening.
    Results get published most often within a couple of days on the race organiser's web site. They do take a while to register on the FRA web site though.

I have never been to a race where the organisers haven't had the courtesy to publish results immediately after a race, usually on a big piece of hardboard on sticky labels. Why don't you have the courtesy to take a pen and a piece of paper to the races that those organisers have had the courtesy to put on for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    Why don't you have the courtesy to take a pen and a piece of paper to the races that those organisers have had the courtesy to put on for you?
    WORKS BOTH WAYS - Why don't organisers send in results to the FRA site, after all the FRA site and handbook promote those events in the first place - plus not everyone goes to a race, but they still like to see the results.
    People always say AW doesn't bother with the fell side of things, how much of that is down to people not sending results in to them?

I think that on the whole race results always seem to be posted within a few days of a race. As most of this is a labour of love we all accept that someone has to give up some time to get the information sorted out/typed up/online.

Most efficient in my experience was last year's Snowdonia marathon. Within 30 minutes of finishing and passing the electronic gizmo at the finish had a text sent to my mobile with time, pb time, placing, ranking in class etc.

Bit of overkill for summat like the Trunce though!

Most efficient was the PPP this year - forumites were watching the results come up as we run!

To be fair though, I think all the races I have been in have had results online very quickly, usually through the forum, and they do not always seem to get put in to the results section of the site, even though they may be available.

Left some money in an envelope for Blackstone Edge results 2005, not arrived as yet ! Its a British Chmpionship race this year so should be published about 2010 !!

I'm always impressed by the forum's own BillJ; whenever he organizes races (eg the Midsummer Madness events) the results are printed out and being circulated round the pub before I even get in. Mind you, that's partly a reflection of when I get in...

Quote Originally Posted by elkmalc View Post

As Stolly, Grouse and others have mentioned, organisers often have the results available on the night or very shortly afterwards. The FRA site is the (excellent) place to look for comprehensive list of races, though may one humbly propose that ...

http://www.wharfedaleharriers.org.uk/results.html

...is pretty good for any race where there's a Wharfedaler...

(And May has been a busy month for us thus far!)
    ...there's a hill nearby missing its fool...

The Gravy 6 always try to get results online when all have finished running. All depends on internet access. Hopefully Bryan will do his usual tip top service at this years race in Sunday 20th July!!!!
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome