Can anyone confirm which tops are the summits of Great End and Grey Knotts? For both these fells, the OS and Harvey's maps show different locations.

On approaching Great End from Esk Pike, the OS map suggests the summit is the nearer top (226083) at 910m whereas Harveys suggest that it is the further top (225084) at 907 m. Bob Wightman says that Wainwright considered the nearer one to be the summit. But I know that some people go to the nearer one, and some to the further one. Which is right?

Grey Knotts is even more confusing, where there are four tops. The OS map says the summit is about 100m to the left of the fence, before the fence turns to the right (GR217125), 697m. Harveys say that the summit is close to the fence, on the left just past the point where the fence turns right - GR219126, 697m. There are two other tops, one each side of the fence at 218126 and 219125, and to the eye, the latter looks the highest. The GPS (I know height isn't measured very accurately) also suggested that the last one was the highest by about a metre.

So which of these points should an aspiring BG24HC member visit? I don't really want to go to all of them just to be sure!