Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welsh Castles Relay

Re: Welsh Castles Relay

Blackpool Wyre & Fylde AC had two teams out with runners aged between 20 and 71. We had three stage winners including a 1-2 on Stage 20. Another great event.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I’m only smiling because I don’t know what’s going on."

We Tattenhallers had a cracking time, as did our buxom inflatable mascot.

I ran that tough leg 7 out of Dollgellau - now there's a hill. I think only Drovers tops that one...

I must say it really is a terrific event, probably my favourite road running event of all. Elites and mortals are all catered for and the support amongst and between teams is just fantastic and contagious.

Roll on next year, where i'll have a go at the Drovers leg perhaps

I'd agree with you on leg 7 - up up up, then down down down, and then the final couple of miles on the flat to finish trashing the legs! But what a great finish down to the pub! Never done Drovers - but I'm well aware of what I've missed!

I'd also agree with the general sentiments about the week-end - highlight of the Club's year - and as for the Elite.. Dan Robinson ran the leg from Brecon to Beacons Reservoir for Stroud AC last year - we saw him looking awesome on the climb... guess he's too busy preparing for Beijing this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Boy Wonder View Post

I'd also agree with the general sentiments about the week-end - highlight of the Club's year - and as for the Elite.. Dan Robinson ran the leg from Brecon to Beacons Reservoir for Stroud AC last year - we saw him looking awesome on the climb... guess he's too busy preparing for Beijing this year!
    Here is a picture of Dan Robinson breaking the course record on Stage 16 in 2007. He had run a 14.10 5000m on the track the previous day!

He will doubtless be preparing for Beijiing at the moment but I believe he also has a new baby in the family. Never mind, this year's relay featured Sonia O'Sullivan which is no mean substitute.

That was an amazing run! We drove up through the string of runners, my good friend Alec Woods of Bristol AC had his sights on winning it and sure enough we found him out at the front.... and then about a mile further up, we came on Dan! He took 4mins out of Alec! But according to the 2007 results Nigel Adams still held the record, although the route's changed this year?

Quite right, my mistake. Nigel Adams it is.

Shows just how impressive some of the stage records are!

Just seen that Martin Rees won stage 17 at the age of 55, and set a new stage record in doing so!!