Page 218 of 218 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218
Results 2,171 to 2,177 of 2177

Thread: Borrowdale Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    Too much running on H&Doddds and Sedbergh Hills. I'd go Great Lakes instead as it can sometimes suffer for numbers.

The ROs of Wasdale (Rich Eastman)and Ennerdale (Colin Dulson) are planning on stepping down in the next couple of years. Hopefully there'll be suitable people to take these on - the FRA and local community is aware.
    Ah yes, i knew i'd forgotten an obvious one!

I was standing on the start line at Duddon when Joss asked to say a few words. He gave us all a right talking to about the lack of entries for Ennerdale and told us all to get our act together and get entries in. Sadly it didn't work and the race was cancelled that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    credit to Jon Broxap (then FRA Championships Co-ordinator) for ensuring that the super-longs were regular championship counters and that they were protected from clashes with other championship events.
    Rest assured the current Championship coordinator is aware f the importance and trying to ensure the former. The later is sometimes more difficult to manage, but is a high consideration.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    Rest assured the current Championship coordinator is aware f the importance and trying to ensure the former. The later is sometimes more difficult to manage, but is a high consideration.
    Oh I have not a scintilla of doubt in the Championship Coordinator who has my full confidence; and because I am not the Prime Minister you may believe that - with full confidence.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 29-07-2023 at 09:18 AM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Oh I have not a scintilla of doubt in the Championship Coordinator who has my full confidence; and becasue I am not the Prime Minister you may believe that - with full confidence.
    You may not be the PM but it's even more important that the coordinator isn't.

Well chaps, after what I class as an extremely challenging Borrowdale FR experience for me on saturday, I came to the conclusion that the ranking of hard fell races is very much personal...so I'll give you my spin on it:

1. Wasdale
    2. Buttermere*
    3. Ennerdale**
    4. Borrowdale

* part of 2024 bucket list - but I trust my BFR teammies experience
    ** timed out in 2023, so I can sense it's a tough nut to crack
    Last edited by Simo Caps; 11-08-2023 at 12:33 PM.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Simo Caps View Post
    Well chaps, after what I class as an extremely challenging Borrowdale FR experience for me on saturday, I came to the conclusion that the ranking of hard fell races is very much personal...so I'll give you my spin on it:

1. Wasdale
    2. Buttermere*
    3. Ennerdale**
    4. Borrowdale

* part of 2024 bucket list - I trust my BFR teammies experience
    ** timed out in 2023, but I can sense it's a tough nut to crack
    Personal yes, but one I would definitely agree with!
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast