Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: The Green, Green Grass of Home

Re: The Green Green Grass of H

Yes Great race. Thanks to organiser and marshalls.

The Green Green Grass of Home

Record field of just under a hundred.

Karl Steinegger (Ambleside) won another race - a star for the future!
    Paul Smith (Clwydian) out of nowhere for a brilliant second, never run on the fells before!!!
    Derek Boothby (Wrecsam Tri) 3rd and improving all the time

Sandra Rowlands (Clwydian) first lady - a consistently sound performer.
    Victoria Whitehead (Denbigh) first local lady but getting better race by race.
    Ali Lewis (Pensby) smiling over the finish line for 3rd lady!

Thanks for all the help from marshalls, sweepers, etc and thanks for all who've made this a great race over the years.

And didn't we have some good ale at the Goldie - Lancaster Blonde and Lancaster Lemongrass!

Thank you Martin for all your years of providing us with wonderful races around these fantastic hills. All of us at Tattenhall have taken so much pleasure from them over the years. It's been great to watch them gain such popularity too. Like you said at the prizegiving, 30odd has blossomed into around 100!

It doesn't seem that long since we gathered at the Clwyd Gates for the first running of the Druid which I think was the first in the series and the only time we ran it from there? I remember that bloody great bull we had to run past!

We wish you well with your trip down under and I'm sure the local fellrunning community will keep the races alive, but it won't be the same without you there

Thanks again

Mark

Seconded. Can I also put on record what a fantastic job Martin has done locally with his consistently great races! The midweek series were one of the very first fell events I did and remain firm favourites. The British Fell Relays were a triumph and were what persuaded me to join a club - Helsby - in the hope I could get a run in them. I did, and how I thanked the organisers for the off-piste climbs of Moel y Gaer and beyond on the nav leg. How we laughed.

Plenty of our newer members have had a first taste of fell at one of these races. Some even came back for more. Also on a livestock theme I remember the startled cows chasing us through that really dark stretch of woods on the Druid course.

The Lancaster Lemongrass at the Golden Lion gets my vote. I'm just disappointed that I never did win a watering can at one of your prize-givings

Best wishes!

Can't remember the last time I raced in the Clwyds ............

after some searching it turns out it was August 22 2009 "The Tavern" I actually DNF'd, that's probably I don't remember it,

........Anyway I'm returning this evening at the Green Green Grass of Home and hope to finish this time

See you there, Marshalini. Pensby Runners will have a few in the race. Looks like a good evening for it.

Cracking evening for it. New route this year and I found it really tough. 46:58 and 17th place
    Bit of an ankle tweak on the rough heather descent at the end, could be out for a couple of days

Some good fotos from the race courtesy of Steve Jeffery Photography

https://www.facebook.com/SteveJeffer.../photos_stream