Thread: Appeal for Marshals

Appeal for Marshals

Hello, You may or may not know me either from being a member of Radcliffe AC or from doing race results through UKResults, or some even from entering my races.
    We are putting on a 12 hour mountain bike race and off road duathlon on Saturday 19th July based in Giants Seat Campsite and using Philips Park, Manchester, as part of the route and our chief scout marshal is getting twitchy at not having enough marshals to cover shifts on the day, to ensure safety. Because of this I am trying to pull in favours from all I know to see if I can entice them into marshalling at the biggest bike race in the North West, Hit the North. The race is from 10am to 10pm, with trade stands, catering, beer tent and a party afterwards. Camping is free Friday night and Saturday night to anyone helping out plus a meal voucher to the value of £3 (one meal). The majority of the marshalling is being done by Radcliffe AC and scout groups from throughout Manchester, however we want to try and 'fill the gaps'. The marshalling is in shifts. 10-2pm (in place by 9.45am), 2pm-6pm, 6pm-10.30 (race end) All money raised after paying costs is going to charities in Manchester. If you are interested in marshalling and helping me out, please reply to this thread or pm me. The race website is: www.hitthenorth.net
    Many thanks.
    Yours in sport
    Vince Ashton, VLA Events, UKResults, That fat bloke who tries to run, member of Radcliffe AC
    www.vlaevents.co.uk Fancy something different?

Re: Appeal for Marshals

No-one?

Sorry Vince, I know what a stirling job you do at all these events and have witnessed it first hand on more than 1 occasion....would have loved to help out but it clashes with something already in hubbies diary so am on child watch....

Hope you get those that you need.....

No problem Emmilou, I know people are busy, and have emailed all the local clubs as well, but no reply as yet.