Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tandle Hill Trail Race

Re: Tandle Hill Trail Race

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    Don't listen to them Manhar, i'm running like a pregnant camel and this course will suit you as it's got 500ft of climbing between miles 4 and 5.

The big question is....... will Walker Boy and Raymondo be appearing? Lets have some of that Coe, Ovett and Cram like rivalry around the trails of Tandle Hill.
    Walker Boy is a definite 'no show', should be seeing Raymondo on Saturday (along with Pat Byrne) will mention it to him. Hopefully mentioning the race will not incur any 'Golden Bear' comments ....
    If I'd wanted a parrot I'd have bought one

Quote Originally Posted by Notlob till i die View Post
    Walker Boy is a definite 'no show', should be seeing Raymondo on Saturday (along with Pat Byrne) will mention it to him. Hopefully mentioning the race will not incur any 'Golden Bear' comments ....
    Raymondo to use horse racing vernacular is a 'non-runner'. News of Danbert's impressive form must be scaring them off

Raymondo to use horse racing vernacular is a 'non-runner'. News of Danbert's impressive form must be scaring them off

on current form danbert must be worth a small wager to beat myself and Walker boy- also i think he's suited to the heavy going

Quote Originally Posted by Sparth Bottoms View Post
    on current form danbert must be worth a small wager to beat myself and Walker boy- also i think he's suited to the heavy going
    I think there is an expression something along the lines 'form' is temporary, 'class' is permanent. You are just in a temporary phase, when you get back to your permanent phase then Limpet, etc. will get a good view of you as you disappear into the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparth Bottoms View Post

Beaten by half a length by Walker Boy at Whitworth, but goes well on soft ground, could be in contention for a team place over the last seven furlongs.

I think there is an expression something along the lines 'form' is temporary, 'class' is permanent. You are just in a temporary phase, when you get back to your permanent phase then Limpet, etc. will get a good view of you as you disappear into the distance.

We had first and second here last year. Waj won it and Sparth was second. Could a team prize be in the offing?
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    We had first and second here last year. Waj won it and Sparth was second. Could a team prize be in the offing?
    Not quite, the Waj & Sparth one/two was the race organised by Middleton Harriers. The Royton Trail was won by Dave Lockett, I seem to recall Sparth was 3rd or 4th.

Not quite, the Waj & Sparth one/two was the race organised by Middleton Harriers. The Royton Trail was won by Dave Lockett, I seem to recall Sparth was 3rd or 4th.

he's right - always rely on 'GB' to be know whats happening with his 'clubs'

Hey, I used to live at the back of Tandle Hill and never knew there was a race there! Think I'll give it a go since I still work in Oldham. I'll be the only Goyt Valley Strider there. Don't leave me behind!

Results from last night's race for the forumites I know who took part were as follows

46th Manhar 40.57
    56th Danbert 41.48
    83rd Bezste 46.48 (or at least this was the results for the only Goyt Valley Strider that ran)

Thumbs up Re: Tandle Hill Trail Race

Aye - another fast & furious trail race. Thank you to Royton Road runners for putting on a good event. Someone was saying the pub has won an award for good grub - will have to revisit & sample.

Good to see your friend & mine - Danbert - will have to check out 1 or 2 races near to your new Digs.