Page 639 of 846 FirstFirst ... 139539589629637638639640641649689739 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,390 of 8454

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    So dark nights and mornings are back again as are the winter boots, gloves and jackets.
    I usually continue cycling as much as I can or at least until the weather makes it impossible. However this year I'm not feeling the same way. Maybe recent events have got to me or maybe just getting the winter blues. Does everyone else still cycle, take to the turbo trainer or do you take the winter off?

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    So dark nights and mornings are back again as are the winter boots, gloves and jackets.
    I usually continue cycling as much as I can or at least until the weather makes it impossible. However this year I'm not feeling the same way. Maybe recent events have got to me or maybe just getting the winter blues. Does everyone else still cycle, take to the turbo trainer or do you take the winter off?
    I continue cycling to work as normal (but it's only a mile and a half each way), unless there is a significant amount of ice on the road. And I do still go out on rides purely for leisure and exercise, although the mileage is less than in Summer.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Still get out, all year round, with the local CTC mid-week group, Tuesday mornings and all day Thursday; unless as above it is frosty / icey; that's just too much of a lottery.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

A hilly 60km through rural Worcestershire on the road bike. Autumnal sunshine and perfect conditions, feeling good. Lovely stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    A hilly 60km through rural Worcestershire on the road bike. Autumnal sunshine and perfect conditions, feeling good. Lovely stuff.
    Well done Pete ..... the arrival of GMT isn't all bad.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    Well done Pete ..... the arrival of GMT isn't all bad.
    Cheers. Really enjoyed it. I admit it was a struggle to get out there but so glad I did. Hoping it will breathe some positivity back into the daily commute.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Calf still feels a bit dodgy after Sunday's run, so went out on the bike instead of running today. If I can't run up Beacon Hill, I can at least cycle up Beacon Road from Woodhouse Eaves: 140 metres continuous climbing in about 2.5km. Yes, I can hear cycling forumites from the Yorkshire Dales giggling at the idea that this constitutes a hill; but there are a couple of quite steep sections, and I was on a touring bike with panniers (I did the ride on the way home from work).
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Still managed to cycle to work most of the days over the winter on the CX though the beast from the east put pay to some of those days. Found the new MTB surprisingly good in the snow.
    Last weekend saw the first shakedown ride for the roadie. 50km with 900m ascent through rural Worcestershire in pleasant sunshine - spring was in the air. Felt like going further but forgot to take a pump so didn't want to stray too far from home!
    First sportive of the season planned for this weekend though a return to wintery conditions is predicted. Looking forward to it nonetheless.

Banned
    Well for the first time in over a year i got on my bike.

20 minutes around the block. 16 stone of red faced fat lad stamping on the pedals.

Lungs burning.

Sweating all over and arse feels like its been kicked.

Good to be back.

Watch this page.

Short cycle today