Page 545 of 847 FirstFirst ... 45445495535543544545546547555595645 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,450 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Bike fitting is usually a good idea, I am sure you will notice the benefits once you are used to the different setup...

I am having a rest day today. I seem to ache in all sorts of different places after yesterdays MTB race. My upper body especially :w00t:

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    By it were cold this morning riding to work. Nice clear morning, with a feel of mid winter.

Legs are tender in different muscles as I had a bike fitting session last Friday. Looking for positive results in the long term.
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    I am having a rest day today. I seem to ache in all sorts of different places after yesterdays MTB race. My upper body especially :w00t:
    Screaming triceps, deltoids and the rest eh, makes a change from them quads:w00t:
    Well Done Hann:thumbup:
    Hills and Guinness!

Banned

Just back home from work, tail wind almost all the way but its anothe bitterly cold evening.
    Another 25k in the legs

Indeed Steve

Not sure a custard slice eating challenge was such a good idea for a rest day though... it was on at 4pm and I am still feeling sick... Only managed 5.5 as well... the record is 10 in 30 minutes. My mates and I all thought we were easily going to crack it but no, bloody hard work! Those Greggs custard slices are HUGE and stodgey... :w00t:

Quote Originally Posted by stevefoster View Post
    Screaming triceps, deltoids and the rest eh, makes a change from them quads:w00t:
    Well Done Hann:thumbup:

Indeed Steve

Not sure a custard slice eating challenge was such a good idea for a rest day though... it was on at 4pm and I am still feeling sick... Only managed 5.5 as well... the record is 10 in 30 minutes. My mates and I all thought we were easily going to crack it but no, bloody hard work! Those Greggs custard slices are HUGE and stodgey... :w00t:
    Han, try Boost bars! Some 18 years ago my boss managed 5 in 15 minutes then challenged me to a "loser pays for the Boost bars" comp. So, I manage 6 in the allotted 15 minutes. I've got to admit that I had the 'sugar oveload' staggers!!
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

I am only just recovering from the sugar overlaod. Those Greggs custard slices are HUGE... no idea how one can manage 10 in 30 minutes!

Cracking ride into work today. Managed to slip down the outside of a queue coming onto warwick avenue, short cut the mini roundabout and got a good swing up into Clifton Gardens. Swift descent down to the canal at Little Venice, scooting around the i-pod wearing, nero toting bipedal obstacles, fast dap past Sheldon square and then one of those heart-stopping swerving paths through two opposing streams of commuters walking in and out of Paddington Station. Steady pedal past the longboats in Paddington Basin, sniffing the coal stoves, and then out onto the back road by St Mary's Hospital. Long pause at the lights on Edgware Road but then a long succession of greens on the back-hack through Marylebone....even got across Baker street without slowing! Couple of shouts to more i-pod clad oblivious stray walkers before a final swing to the office. Yey! The joys of urban bike commuting ( I do not do not do not miss the sweet lanes and hills of home........erm.....)
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

That description makes me 'almost' miss living and working in West London! Mind, Hatterall Ridge looks mighty fine for an early evening dusk MTB ride right now, in the sunshine...

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Cracking ride into work today. Managed to slip down the outside of a queue coming onto warwick avenue, short cut the mini roundabout and got a good swing up into Clifton Gardens. Swift descent down to the canal at Little Venice, scooting around the i-pod wearing, nero toting bipedal obstacles, fast dap past Sheldon square and then one of those heart-stopping swerving paths through two opposing streams of commuters walking in and out of Paddington Station. Steady pedal past the longboats in Paddington Basin, sniffing the coal stoves, and then out onto the back road by St Mary's Hospital. Long pause at the lights on Edgware Road but then a long succession of greens on the back-hack through Marylebone....even got across Baker street without slowing! Couple of shouts to more i-pod clad oblivious stray walkers before a final swing to the office. Yey! The joys of urban bike commuting ( I do not do not do not miss the sweet lanes and hills of home........erm.....)

Bike fitting is usually a good idea, I am sure you will notice the benefits once you are used to the different setup...
    not cheap though

I was thinking of getting it done for my new bike but you're looking at £150-200.

WOW!

I got it for free, 3x... and 3x it ended up the same, so must have been good

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    not cheap though

I was thinking of getting it done for my new bike but you're looking at £150-200.