Re: Todays Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    So on very tired legs,
    Should I try and do tomorrow aswell????
    yes, just at a gentle recovery pace

Banned

Thanks for the positives.
    I did it this morning in to a head wind and wonder why I had bothered (tough 28k)
    Came home with a positive tail wind and have posted a great time. Forum encouragement and nature have made it a good days riding.
    Suffering now though.
    Dog walk to come and a couple of rest days before a big Scottish fell race at Alva.

Yesterday, a cracking on/off road ride on the 'cross bikes along the new(ish) N extension of the Pennine Bridle Way, from where it leaves the Settle Loop above Langcliffe, via Stainforth, Feizor, Austwick, Clapham and Selside to Far Gearstones, in the company of a lady of this parish. We fully intend to complete the remainder to Kirkby Stephen on another occasion, an excellent route.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Not ridden for ages! Must get some decent speed work in the next couple of weeks, next race is 4 August and I am SLOW! Lets just hope my new bike will be ready on time for it... In the meantime I am training on the road and on the cross bike :-O
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    Not ridden for ages! Must get some decent speed work in the next couple of weeks, next race is 4 August and I am SLOW! Lets just hope my new bike will be ready on time for it... In the meantime I am training on the road and on the cross bike :-O
    Another new bike :w00t:.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Not another new bike Moley The other 'new' bike belonged to my bike sponsors Qoroz, I only had it on loan... I am now getting my own race machine, having decided I want to do some more MTB racing, as I like it and seem to be quite good at it too

Went out on the trusty old Kona last night, for lack of other MTB's and not wanting to faff with the canti's on the crosser... It seemed hard work, but I was a good 5 minutes quicker on my regular route than I was on that Whyte test bike over a week ago. It felt like a hard slog though and I seem to have lost speed and power...

This mean I shall be either on the road doing medium treshold intervals, or if it rains still, on the turbo doing power intervals... then swap for tomorrow... GRRRRR! Got to gain some speed for my next race!

Set out from Kendal early this morning. Back road to Kirkby Lonsdale, then up to Casterton, through Barbondale, down into Dentdale and then back to Kendal via Sedbergh. About 40 miles and 3100 ft. Great ride and no rain:thumbup:

Nice one Matt

About to head off for a quick recovery ride, on the road, after a hard speed session last night... couple of hours, 40 odd miles and well pleased with that... thought I would have lost speed and power after Mountain Mayhem and subsequent rest period... but still managed to average 20 mph That included over an hour of warmup and cool down as well as recoveries

A PB of my regular route over Haterall Ridge by quite a big margin thsi morning before work :w00t:

On the old 26 ins Kona as well :w00t:

I hope I am not going to regret having shelled out the last of my savings on a Ti 29er :w00t:

Mind, I think the speed of the ride had something to do with the fact that I was about to be late for work, have recovered fully from my 24 hr race a few weeks ago and have done some speedwork on the road. Just need to try and better this time on the new bike once it is built! Hopefully next weekend! :thumbup:

Long one (6ish hours) on the 'angry' bike planned tomorrow, including a couple of serious carry sections. PPPCX training.