Page 589 of 846 FirstFirst ... 89489539579587588589590591599639689 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,890 of 8460

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Just a quick 13 miles from the in laws house in Tynemouth (i bought my bike up here from home (north wales) for the first time, must be getting serious!). Discovered the Tyne Cycle Tunnel - a fascinating 50's relic that's still working, including wooden escalators to take you down to the tunnel. Hammered one section as it seemed fast and straight and a good surface and sure enough, it was a strava segment (8th from 45, not bad for a newbie!).

Not todays bike ride (was a couple of days ago) but forgot about this thread and I'm trying to up the distance on the bike so I can do some races, so need to motivate myself.

51 miles, 5300ft of ascent. A not very decent 4 hrs but I'll get there.

MTB ride tomorrow to go and see the heather whilst it's out. Then a hopefully pleasant Tour of Ingleborough MTB at the weekend, with back butty stop planned of course

Sounds good Flopsy

I went for an easy hour on the road bike, spinning at high cadence to get the legs turning after Sundays mega effort. Obviously still tired, but on the road to recovery. And it didn't even rain

Quote Originally Posted by Flopsy View Post
    Not todays bike ride (was a couple of days ago) but forgot about this thread and I'm trying to up the distance on the bike so I can do some races, so need to motivate myself.

51 miles, 5300ft of ascent. A not very decent 4 hrs but I'll get there.

MTB ride tomorrow to go and see the heather whilst it's out. Then a hopefully pleasant Tour of Ingleborough MTB at the weekend, with back butty stop planned of course
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

55 miles @ 17 mph ave on the cx tonight, wasn't planning on going that far but carried away by a sunny evening after a day of steady rain. Got a bit chilly when the sun went down.

Just 3 miles before being 'taken out' by White Van Man. Wouldn't mind quite so much but I was on a nice wide cycle path! He was very apologetic but then, I was quite annoyed and it may have shown. He simply didn't look to his right and just pulled out straight in front of me.

I may consider buying a VW van sometime in the future - they are very solidly built, Oouch.

Ouch! Hope you're ok John. Am sat in the Bike Hub near Newcastle. Am staying with the in laws and exploring this neck of the woods. Cycled from Tynemouth westwards on the ctc. Saw this place and after only 21km I'm drinking coffee and eating toast. I like cycling

Edit: Ended up doing 70km along one bank of the Tyne and back along the other. Brilliantly marked routes in this part if the world.
    Last edited by Mark Smith; 31-08-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Nice 28mile MTB ride today. Rocky ascents, rocky descents, fast tracks...and then the dreaded few miles of energy sapping, no escaping it, bog! Well deserved my tea and lemon cake in the cafe afterwards!!!:thumbup:

Not done much MTB this year, which us really unusual for me. It was good to get out there

Sounds an ace ride Flopsy, especially the tea and cake

I again did not get out today. An artist came round unannounced just as I was about to set off on the cross bike. The colleague had upset her, so cups of tea were made and I had to go into work to sort stuff out this evening as a result

Did some strimming though, so the front of the house is remotely visible now and no longer hiding behind nettles
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    Sounds an ace ride Flopsy, especially the tea and cake
    No point doing all this sport if I can't have tea and cake!!

70 miles 2237 feet @ 18.6 ave on the club Sunday run, pretty tired by the end but a lovely day for it.