Page 595 of 847 FirstFirst ... 95495545585593594595596597605645695 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,950 of 8461

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Oh wow, that does look good... in a sadomasochistic kind of way... Think I have an art fair that week though, always a problem getting time off work for racing, especially when they are far enough away to have to take 4 days off

I am going to experiment with the inner tube tonight, could well be genius! I have tried shouldering the bike on the other side, but it just doesn't work. For Simon's Fell I put it accross my upper back/shoulders though, so that should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich C View Post
    That sounds sore Hanneke, could you possibly bodge something with an old inner tube over you head onto your good shoulder then hooking the pedal to carry it?

Have you looked at the Strathpuffer Hanneke it could be right up your street?
    http://strathpuffer.co.uk/strathpuff...rathpuffer.htm

Windy club road ride this morning 53 miles 639ft @ 19.2 ave.
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

I saw a woman last year doing something like that. Short loop of climbing tape attached I think at the seat cluster, grabbed over the left shoulder, pulling the bike more broadly across her upper back. I spoke to her briefly but it's all a blur now ;-)

76 miles road, 3000'. One bottle, one tracker bar, one scone, one coffee.

walk jog over simon fell to ingleborough - took the wrong line down and ended up at newby cotes instead of cold cotes [oops]

got on cross bike and rode the road round to pen y ghent lane - rode up the 'legal' part and a very short way along the (not race route) bridle way and back down - then road back to little stainforth camping. authenticity was added to the pen y ghent lane experience by a fellow reccier coming down as i was going up :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ratfink View Post
    walk jog over simon fell to ingleborough - took the wrong line down and ended up at newby cotes instead of cold cotes [oops]

got on cross bike and rode the road round to pen y ghent lane - rode up the 'legal' part and a very short way along the (not race route) bridle way and back down - then road back to little stainforth camping. authenticity was added to the pen y ghent lane experience by a fellow reccier coming down as i was going up :-)
    Was that on Saturday Ratfink? you in red, bearded with a lady following behind, me in blue and yellow!

Ratfink would have been the lady

I tried last weeks dislocated shoulder on a wet, windy, cold and dark ride last night. I managed to get the bike accross the shoulders ok, managed to carry it up Black Hill ok, then rode a little off road, all ok but a bit wobbly. Maybe that was because there was a hurricane force wind blowing, it was dark, it was wet and the light of my helmet light kept being reflected by the rain, so I could not see too much so was going slow = more wobble. I am hoping to be ok in two weeks time. We shall see Bigger and steeper carry planned for Tuesday night, hopefully in the daylight...

Was that on Saturday Ratfink? you in red, bearded with a lady following behind, me in blue and yellow!

Holdon, what was that woman wearing? As I separated the right shoulder last year, I wasn't able to shoulder the bike, so carried it accross both shoulders over my upper back... I am still doing that I hold it by seat tube and handlebars, but when it sits properly, you only need one hand to balance the bike on your back, so one hand free to use climbing Simon's Fell

Quote Originally Posted by idler View Post
    I saw a woman last year doing something like that. Short loop of climbing tape attached I think at the seat cluster, grabbed over the left shoulder, pulling the bike more broadly across her upper back. I spoke to her briefly but it's all a blur now ;-)

76 miles road, 3000'. One bottle, one tracker bar, one scone, one coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    Ratfink would have been the lady
    Oops apologies Ratfink

Talk about doing it the hard way Hanneke! Have you had a chance to mess about with an old tube yet? Maybe indoors with a cup of tea handy rather than in a full on gale / rainstorm.

Inner tube messing/experimenting to take place tomorrow evening

Oops apologies Ratfink

Talk about doing it the hard way Hanneke! Have you had a chance to mess about with an old tube yet? Maybe indoors with a cup of tea handy rather than in a full on gale / rainstorm.

rich i think i might have seen the couple you mean ahead - i was in black/white with a non bearded bloke mate (he on mountain bike)

Ratfink I do remember another combination of two people, one on a mtb and maybe a bit of blue clothing but my eyes were probably out of focus due to all the vibration, CX bikes are really unforgiving on that type of terrain.