Thread: Foam Rollers.

Foam Rollers.

One spot in my rt calf has torn so many times it seems bolxd . A long layoff, 10 weeks to sort out my left achilles, makes no difference to the right calf when I stretch it (daily as a matter of course). That little thumbnail sized 'hotspot' is always there waiting to rupture - it's the soleus muscle?

Anyway, physio suggested one of these 'rollers' to work on the target area. It arrived today, I've used it, it hurts (meant to I believe). Anyone else used one on muscles where you have repetitive injuries and has it helped?
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Re: Foam Rollers.

I've not but have been looking at getting one myself, so I would be interested to see how you get on with it.

Its the latest craze down an l'boro!! I'm just using a tennis ball for the niggles in my calf and soleus at the moment and it seems to be working (fingers crossed).
    "I train very hard, until I am sick. Sometimes I train like a foolish man who has no mind." -Hicham el-Guerrouj

I'm just using a tennis ball
    Bant - who's serving them at you, or are you using a machine?

I am very optimistic about this roller. Probably the kiss of death to say so . But I reckon I have pulled the same bit of Soleus about 15 times in the last 7 years, so there is a permanent 'lump' of scar tissue there, ready to go again.
    This bloody roller hurts, but so far ....very good, something is different, I use it before and after runs and I think it is helping, but hard to prove a negative. We shall see.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.