Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Nuun tablets

Re: Nuun tablets

Quote Originally Posted by BGSec View Post
    Darth, it was me you bumped into. Had a great run over Whernside and back over Ingleborough on Sunday morning from Ribblehead. Shame you were suffering with the chest.

I swear by the Nuun tabs. The taste is palatable, though like anything else it gets a bit wearing after 6 or 7 hours (which is where I sometimes am in terms of outings).

I suffered really badly with cramp last year during the Old Counties Tops Race (37 miles through the Lakes with 10,000' of up). Lying flat on my back in the ditch at the side of Wrynose Pass gave me resolve to try and do something about it. I suffered again at Duddon 2 weks after that. Putting some extra salt back into my diet was part of the plan.

Nuun came recommended by a club mate of mine who is a top adventure racer and who had been using the tabs for the best part of a year.

The cunning part of the "design" is that although the tablet effervesces when you drop it into the 0.5 liters of water, the resulting drink is flat not fizzy. It also has an underlying hint of the salts in the taste, which takes you away from the sickly taste of some of the other drinks available.

The tabs have been working well for me. Ran the OCTs again this year, 70 minutes quicker than 07 and no cramp whatsoever. In fact, having done numerous longs and super-longs this year (Rombalds Stride, Edale, 3 Peaks, OCTs, Duddon, Rothay Watershed, Cross du Mont Blanc, Wasdale), the only cramp problems I suffered were after Wasdale. I missed the wife at the Greendale road crossing and headed off into the wilderness without food or drink and made do with stream water. I picked up some Nuun at Sty Head but by then the damage was done and I suffered later that evening after the drive home.

4 Flavours from memory; Tri-berry, Citrus, Lemon/Lime and Cola. I am a big fan of the first, the other two are good also. Cola best avoided.

As I mentioned to you, you can get the tabs in 3 packs via Urban Adventure Gear at www.urbanadventuregear.com. John Laughlin the proprietor is an adventure racer/biker/runner himself.

Morgan
    I ordered some last week from urban adventure but as yet nothing has arrived?

i've ordered some actually from urban adventure, sent em a message asking where they are, not reply, starting to get a bit peeved now!! But as it happens, tried the lemon/lime which i had got, very nice, and seem to do what they say on the tin

Quote Originally Posted by Darth domain View Post
    i've ordered some actually from urban adventure, sent em a message asking where they are, not reply, starting to get a bit peeved now!! But as it happens, tried the lemon/lime which i had got, very nice, and seem to do what they say on the tin
    Urban adventure seem to be having problems. I ordered some weeks before the WHW race and had great problems getting them. I tracked down company addresses, phoned around, went to East Kilbride to check out a defunct address, did more web seraching, harrassed the site registrant and eventually got a most apologetic guy on the phone who admitted that since the company moved there had been problems with the ordering system.

If you've ordered and got and email confirming your order but no order number then things have gone wrong. (Something to do with Paypal).

To their credit, they did supply me my tablets free of charge but they should have solved this problem by now. Try Simon on [email protected] if you're still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by runningfool View Post
    Urban adventure seem to be having problems. I ordered some weeks before the WHW race and had great problems getting them. I tracked down company addresses, phoned around, went to East Kilbride to check out a defunct address, did more web seraching, harrassed the site registrant and eventually got a most apologetic guy on the phone who admitted that since the company moved there had been problems with the ordering system.

If you've ordered and got and email confirming your order but no order number then things have gone wrong. (Something to do with Paypal).

To their credit, they did supply me my tablets free of charge but they should have solved this problem by now. Try Simon on [email protected] if you're still waiting.
    Cheers, i'll give it a try, the money via paypal has gone out of my account
    Last edited by Darth domain; 26-08-2008 at 11:30 AM.

Just ordered more Nuun from UAG at the weekend.

Thanks for the tip-off about possible problems; will keep my eye on this.

Both John Laughlin and Simon have been good at responding to/dealing with problems in the past in my experience.

Anyone else know where you can get Nuun in "bulk". The UAG price of £3.50 for a tube knocks spots off all prices I have seen elsewhere (£5.00 per tube).

Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by BGSec View Post
    Just ordered more Nuun from UAG at the weekend.

Thanks for the tip-off about possible problems; will keep my eye on this.

Both John Laughlin and Simon have been good at responding to/dealing with problems in the past in my experience.

Anyone else know where you can get Nuun in "bulk". The UAG price of £3.50 for a tube knocks spots off all prices I have seen elsewhere (£5.00 per tube).

Morgan
    Hiya morgan, how ya doing? There seems to be some resonable priced ones on e-bay

Sorry for the Blatent plug, but it is hopefully appropriate and of use...
    I cant see nuun at £3.50 a tube but if it is then that is hard to beat.
    If it is a mistake then I reckon we might possibly offer the best value...

1 tube £4.49
    4 tubes £15.99 (£4.00 tube)
    8 tubes £31.49 (£3.93 tube)
    12 tubes £46.49 (£3.87 tube)
    1 of each flavour (5 tubes) £19.99 (£4.00 tube)
    2 of each flavour (10 tubes) £38.99 (£3.89 tube)
    3 of each flavour (15 tubes) £57.99 (£3.86 tube)

http://www.likeys.com/acatalog/Nuun.html

All 5 flavours available...always sent out on day of order.... free delivery option......

The rrp of Nuun is about to go up in price, so the above figures will quite possibly have to change before too long....
    Last edited by Littlefatwelshman; 26-08-2008 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlefatwelshman View Post
    Sorry for the Blatent plug, but it is hopefully appropriate and of use...
    I cant see nuun at £3.50 a tube but if it is then that is hard to beat.
    If it is a mistake then I reckon we might possibly offer the best value...

1 tube £4.49
    4 tubes £15.99 (£4.00 tube)
    8 tubes £31.49 (£3.93 tube)
    12 tubes £46.49 (£3.87 tube)
    1 of each flavour (5 tubes) £19.99 (£4.00 tube)
    2 of each flavour (10 tubes) £38.99 (£3.89 tube)
    3 of each flavour (15 tubes) £57.99 (£3.86 tube)

http://www.likeys.com/acatalog/Nuun.html

All 5 flavours available...always sent out on day of order.... free delivery option......

The rrp of Nuun is about to go up in price, so the above figures will quite possibly have to change before too long....
    tell you what bud, seems to be fair prices, i'll order a batch off ya soon nice website by the way
    Last edited by Darth domain; 27-08-2008 at 01:56 PM.

i have heard from Simon from urban and looks like he was away and he said he is sending out today

hope so, i had e-mailed him, no response, see how it goes