Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: knoydart superridge

Re: knoydart superridge

Well done , your chat brings back many happy memories of walking on the Rough Bounds, abolutely gorgeous. Sourlies is a cracking bothy , as is Barrisdale if a bit busy at times. Don't make same mistake as me and go skinny dipping outside Barrisdale , it's shallow for ages!!! Well done fella
    There was a framed print in The old Forge at Inverie re a great mountain running day , can't remember the details .
    Generally going nowhere fast.

Fellhound

Love it Love it Love it!

Brilliant adventure in proper mountain country. Top stuff rab - Land Rovers, RIBs and an old (PROPER) Mini to boot!

The term fell RUNNING is a bit of a misnomer in this context - it's all about travelling light and ambulating as fast as is practical. I dare say that over these hills, with that much climbing, some walking was required...

That's a fantastic achievement RAB ~ I'm sure it was very tough indeed.

I was around Glenfinnan and Strathan on the LAMM this year, bordering Knoydart, and was certainly wild, but great territory.

If only I lived a bit nearer to it I'd love to spend more time out there. Must get the map out when I get home.
    See the light in the night

Interesting feat Rab,
    Myself and a few friends took the ferry to Inverie and walked back out to Glenfinnan a few years ago and had a wonderful time, bagged a few munros en route as well. Bothied at Sourlies and another under Sgurr Thuilm, although we mostly kept to the tracks, I can appreciate the terrain you covered. A job well done.
    John

having done the superridge in day light ,i know feel the time is right to do this though the nite, i intend to run from inverie , to kinbreack , this time runing through the nite ,in scotlandsmost wildest country

Been nice knowing you . Look forward to your report, rab ....

Quote Originally Posted by rab the nite runner View Post
    i am silly
    That always helps
    Bill

In the not too distant future I'm contemplating doing the Knoydart ridge in reverse order to Rab starting from and returning to Inverie on foot and in one go. From studying the map I believe that the most plausible return route to Inverie (for someone who will be extremely knackered) will be to follow the ridge back from Sgurr Mor to An Eag (943959) drop down the south ridge to the col (945950), follow the Glen to Sourlies, over to Carnoch and into Gleann Meadall and back. For those who know the area better than I - is this the most energy efficient return route? Is there a track round the north side of Loch Nevis for instance?