Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trig point race!

Trig point race!

Welcome home, "fellers".
    Good to be back from the cybersilence.
    Is anyone coming to do the Trig Point race on 14th Jan?
    We don't really have proper fells, but we have Cannock Chase and it's not a bad little outing!

Hi Chugger,

I'll be there.

I'm planning a leisurely recce run Friday afternoon.

Hopefully it'll be better than my last go.

You lucky thing.......I shall send my aura across there for you to remind it of the route (am a bit of a navigation non runner: managed to pass the same chap 3 times in last years race!! He was REALLY confused!).
    Hope that the weather stays clear.
    ENJOY.

I was considering taking part but won't be able to now unfortunately. Will definitely be attempting it next year if it's on. Looks like fun.

I might give it a go, so I'll be paying close attention to any chat between yoursleves! as I dont know anything about it..........

Ran the course today, a couple of small detours but at least I got round the whole thing this time and checked in at all control points.

just checked my route and it could be tightened up a bit but as I'm unlikely to be anywhere near the top end of the field I'm not too concerned.

Wink

Well done, Marshallini! I'm sure that they'll be people to follow on the day.
    The best navigation advice I was ever given was: "always suss out the colour of the local club vests.......then if in doubt, you can hope that they'll have some idea (or be friendly enough to tell you that they too are clueless)"

Re: Trig point race!

mmm I have to say having just put the checkpoints on the 1:50,000 map I feel like its going to be a bit of a word search this one- the place is a complete maze of footpath and tracks - how on earth can this be done without getting lost - even if you know the area - (which I dont )- so I'm in the position now of perhaps deciding not to do it.

unless someone can give me the secret to success - with only 80 odd competitors last year i believe you cant always be guaranteed to be able to have someone to follow, especially if youre not so fast .............15 miles seems a long time to spend wandering around the forest, lost, looking for studmarks or morsels of fallen flapjack in the mud.............

Master and MR

mmm im thinkin the same daleside and also ive ot a 10k xc race on saturday so maybe i may consider the lambs longer leg

My situation has changed which means I could now do this. I've spent the evening plotting the checkpoints and route. The trouble I find with forests is that there's always more paths and tracks on the ground then there are on the map and there's already plenty on the map!!

I reckon I'm in the same boat as you Daleside - not familiar with the area and not a particular fast runner either. Reckon I'd be at the back of the field in this one.

I'm still tempted mind you...