Page 72 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Ennerdale Horseshoe

Actually I was at the committee meeting when Bate et al burst in

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    You must have been there Brett. You'r a committee man.

I think Graham's on about those minutes that the secretary had taken that got redacted by the Chair befor circulation isn't he?

I'm surprised he's opening up that can of worms again

Sorry, thought this was the Ennerdale thread

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post

alwaysinjured
    WE did not burst in

We exercised our democratic right to support Andy, after some very unsatisfactory email exchanges refusing all other proper democratic means, like madeleines refusal to allow a proper motion to be heard or voted, and the refusal to minute an agreement the secretary also believed took place.

You got some of the problem emails , Andy copied you in on the motion, asking for your support.
    You also got copied a small petition including a lot of well respected runners, indicating strength of feeling. Some of them showed up too.

And if committee had acted responsibly then, the rest would never have surfaced here.
    Last edited by alwaysinjured; 18-06-2014 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fellhound View Post
    The fellrunning sprit of adventure and personal responsibility is fine and worth preserving but let's make the rules reflect that.
    I think Fellhound should really be the spokesperson for that side of the debate!

It's always struck me as odd that AI's point of view seems to be the most in line with what most fell runners seem to want, as far as I can make out at least, but when he makes a point he gets shouted down, even by those whose views seem to be most similar to his! Maybe it's just the debating equivalent of 'it's the way you tell 'em.' And AI's message gets lost unfortunately, like a comedian with good material who still dies onstage.

alwaysinjured
    Actually, think I'll stop posting

I've realised that Bate will always have the last word and I'm tired

But still happy to organise fell races
    Well weeden, ( have we sunk to using surnames now? - I take people as I find them ) I only have the last post if I disagree with the last thing said.
    So I suggest you pick a point of agreement if you want a conversation to end.

And I am happy doing a few race websites, or using other expertise in furtherance of the sport. If only it would let me, we would never have got to here...
    Last edited by alwaysinjured; 18-06-2014 at 12:38 AM.

Haven't heard anything about that great race Ennerdale for a while
    Probably because it's not been run since 2013

Really hope it back for 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by theNoor View Post
    I hope this page will stay free from inane ramblings, one-liner replies etc. a la Edale Skyline thread and provide useful route information instead...
    From the 7th post in this thread back in 2007...

I suppose the biggest surprise is that it took so long!

alwaysinjured
    Quote Originally Posted by L.F.F. View Post
    I think Fellhound should really be the spokesperson for that side of the debate!

It's always struck me as odd that AI's point of view seems to be the most in line with what most fell runners seem to want, as far as I can make out at least, but when he makes a point he gets shouted down, even by those whose views seem to be most similar to his! Maybe it's just the debating equivalent of 'it's the way you tell 'em.' And AI's message gets lost unfortunately, like a comedian with good material who still dies onstage.
    Well LFF, thanks, but let me take you back in the mists of time, I said 9 months ago, that if they took Andy on the safety committee, he could be the spokesman, I would pass my thoughts through him, and harmony would reign, the forum would become silent then, if we got the chance to do a presentation of what we thought and why. Happy to rely on informed democracy.

But they would not take him, worse than that, would not allow him to use committee democracy even, worse than that froze the rules making discussion pointless, then made a statement he could not support so pushing him out altogether. None of committee stood up for his indisputable right as a director to put a motion up for voting. They all let him down. If they did not like his motion, they could have voted him 21 - 0 against so making feeling known, WHICH HE WOULD HAVE ACCEPTED but all should supported his right to ask for a vote refused by chairman, yet they sat silent,

So I was happy with Andy too.. I could not care less about having authority, I could not care less about whose ideas are adopted so long as they make sense to me. I could not care less if someone else takes credit for my ideas.

So you will have to ask " them" why it did not happen. Fellhound was the spokesman we wanted, they would not accept, or not in a meaningful capacity.

BtW the debate does not have sides as such , Andy's views and mine are similar not the same, neither are Keith's identical to either ( the three safety qualified people) probably because we have had similar training and some similar experience along life's tapestry. Richard Taylor RO Wynn RO and others agrees with some of our views, has reservations about others. it makes for a good debate, which is what is needed - not a closed shop - it needs the best ideas of all of us including YOU!
    Last edited by alwaysinjured; 18-06-2014 at 01:14 AM.

[QUOTE=Henry Porter;587517]I've not been on here in ages and as one day I want to do the Ennerdale race I wanted to read about it. What do I get? Loads of the usual self important, tedious stuff that ...../QUOTE]

Agree. ....unfortunately this ennerdale thread has become a difficult source of running information. I'm sure the ongoing discussions are relevant but it's a shame people couldn't take their debate to a separate thread. A bit of commobnsense would have been appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinjured View Post
    None of committee stood up for his indisputable right as a director to put a motion up for voting.
    Are you sure? It might make a difference.
    Even I don't know who The Grump is.
    I. Bickerstaff