Thread: English Schools Fell Champs

English Schools Fell Champs

Just back from a brilliant day in Sedbergh at the English schools fell running championships. Really well organised, great weather, great courses. Let's hope this can now be an annual event. And hopefully it will lead to some of the kids doing more fell running (some of them were definitely new faces). They looked like they enjoyed themselves. I couldn't stay until the end so don't know who won the older age groups, but certainly the younger ones were won by kids who are regular fell runners, which I think is good. Well done everyone who ran, to Jon Richardson & Sedbergh school (who did themselves proud) and to Richard L-T and Alan Barlow from the FRA who did loads of work behind the scenes to set it up.

Re: English Schools Fell Champ

I can only echo Madeleine's comments.

The organisation was the best I have ever seen at a Fell Race anywhere and would match most of the major Cross Country events around (and better many), so thanks to all the marshalls / volunteers as well as the organisers already mentioned.

I also think Sedbergh is a natural home for this - perfect terrain - good courses - you would go a long way to find a better venue.
    I hope it's back there again next year.

When the results are up - can someone point us in the right direction?

Just started at a new school, well its not a new school but I am new to it. I will be discussing the possibility of getting a team or two entered in to the event next year. I know it is very early to be thinking about it now but are they looking at holding this event at Sedbergh School next time as well? Some of my kids would wonder where the hell they were in the Lake District considering they never leave Rochdale Town Centre!!! Will be great for them to get involved.
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post

When the results are up - can someone point us in the right direction?
    Will be interesting to see the results and to see where the runners came from within England to run todays event.
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Will be interesting to see the results and to see where the runners came from within England to run todays event.
    There were schools from quite away off. I was told that there were more than 600 runners, and there were a few surprises - the FRA Jnrs didn't have it all their own way.

Banned

The school where I went and both my lads are at sent a team up.
    Brooksbank in Elland had Ben Mounsey a teacher there as their coach.
    Hope they did well and well done to Ben on getting a team together.

Hi

I'm just waiting for the final results and will post details of where to find them here when they are available.

Sedbergh School and Jon Richardson especially did an absolutely fantastic job yesterday. I think the overall numbers were just over 400, with 147 in the Year 8/9 race alone. Even though the courses were probably the hardest put on for Juniors this year it seems pretty much everyone enjoyed the challenge, from the front to the back of the fields, and it produced some excellent racing.

Sedbergh are planning to have a debrief this week, and I am hoping that they will be able to host the event again next year.

For those that didn't attend, the course details etc. are on www.esfrc.org.

My mate's lad was third in year 8 and 9 boys, well done that lad. A year ago he ran the 3 Peaks in 6 and a half hours with his Dad and me. Big future ahead of him
    Hills and Guinness!

Hundreds of Dave & Eileen Woodhead's photos on http://woodentops.org.uk/index.php?t...pic=morephotos