Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How productive

Master and MR

How productive

Has our garden been this year.
    For the first time in years ive grown nowt.
    Ive harvested nothing

Whats you lot gathered in from your little patch, I feel bad.

Id better nip out and dig up a worm and fry it.boooo.

Cmon who is the most prolific fellrunner/gardener.

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Re: How productive

3 tomatoes from 3 tomato plants.

Not good enough really.
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

well i've got an allotment and had some good successes this year as well as some under sized onions. Guess the veg that like the rain did best. I know Welsh Harrier grows quite a bit too as well as some other forumites. My garden at home isn't so great mind
    http://helsbyrunningclub.wordpress.com/

i'll risk it for a biscuit

:w00t:

My herbs came on a treat.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

a tomato
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

Master and MR

so so so so so far we have had 4 toms
    god we should be ashamed

We have collectively grown enough for half a bowl of tomatoe/onion and herb soup.

cmon please

I've had potatoes(lots), Peas, Strawberries(not enough), Raspberries ( a few, first year I've tried them), Tomatoes(again not enough) I've heard it's been a bad year for toms, Squash only a few as these rotted as the ground was too wet, No peaches as the blossom was knocked off the tree by the early heavy rain. Grapes in the conservatory!! only a few and very bitter. lots of herbs.

I'm sure this list is crying out for a swoopism....

The Missus is in charge, but not a great year, no sun to encourage insects to pollinate and too much wet. I just eat the stuff .

But I have clocked up 200+ courgettes this year, even had to give some away . This year I counted them.

Runner beans I'm still picking, but probably 1/3 the normal bumper crop. Broad beans, ok I guess, some in the freezer but not great. Peas - bumper year, best ever. Spinach, always a disaster, no change to normal. Strawberries a disaster, good crop but all gone mouldy in the wet. All the winter greens look fantastic for later. Only do a few spuds, but they were ok, dug before the blight and rot had them.

Probably other stuff up there, the Missus will give a full rundown when she returns end of the week.

Bear in mind we are 800ft up a wet Welsh mountain.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    The Missus is in charge, but not a great year, no sun to encourage insects to pollinate and too much wet. I just eat the stuff .

But I have clocked up 200+ courgettes this year, even had to give some away . This year I counted them.

Runner beans I'm still picking, but probably 1/3 the normal bumper crop. Broad beans, ok I guess, some in the freezer but not great. Peas - bumper year, best ever. Spinach, always a disaster, no change to normal. Strawberries a disaster, good crop but all gone mouldy in the wet. All the winter greens look fantastic for later. Only do a few spuds, but they were ok, dug before the blight and rot had them.

Probably other stuff up there, the Missus will give a full rundown when she returns end of the week.

Bear in mind we are 800ft up a wet Welsh mountain.

No leeks Moley!!

Try putting your strawberries in hanging baskets, lots of drainage so they don't rot and it keeps the slugs off.

we grew lots of spuds in buckets this year, works really well, easy to harvest and you don't miss any.

Percy Dark Peak

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I've had potatoes(lots), Peas, Strawberries(not enough), Raspberries ( a few, first year I've tried them), Tomatoes(again not enough) I've heard it's been a bad year for toms, Squash only a few as these rotted as the ground was too wet, No peaches as the blossom was knocked off the tree by the early heavy rain. Grapes in the conservatory!! only a few and very bitter. lots of herbs.

I'm sure this list is crying out for a swoopism....

good Ian good
    I need to locate a cheap greenhouse for next year. ?